Moving Nodes around

HI There,

I have a large amount of storage available on one of my machines and I want to move a smaller node to that machine. The smaller node has been vetted long ago so I don’t want to lose its status and also want to significantly increase its size. Also, the current node on that machine is being fully used and is also fully vetted. After moving the data and identities to different directories, I am going to make the “storagenode2” container. So what I was planning was to use the same script file with the following mods…

Original node container creation script is:

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“XXXX”
-e EMAIL=“xxxxx”
-e ADDRESS=“x.x.x.x:28967”
-e BANDWIDTH=“100TB”
-e STORAGE=“2.8TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/home/xxx/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

SECOND node container creation script

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28970:28970
-p 127.0.0.1:14005:14005
-e WALLET=“XXXX”
-e EMAIL=“xxxxx”
-e ADDRESS=“x.x.x.x:28970”
-e BANDWIDTH=“100TB”
-e STORAGE=“4TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/home/xxx/.local/share/storj2/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj2",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode2 storjlabs/storagenode:latest

One thing I am concerned about if I need a 2nd destination=/app/config direct in the command lines…

Any comments and or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure to get your question.

Why would you need to put this 2 times?

Well,

I don’t know what the “destination” is referring to. Do I need another destination directory for the second node or is that where Docker saves its configs?

The destination parameter in this command refers to a directory inside the container. So do not change it.

In this part of the command:

It says that you want to mount the directory “/mnt/storj2” (in your physical machine) in the directory “/app/config”, which is inside your container.

Is that clearer?

1 Like

-p 28970:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14005:14002

So the port before the : is the external to the container and after is internal. Same goes for the dashboard IP address.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! All is up and running… Now to get past some audits!

1 Like