Moving the performance tests to a new satellite

@littleskunk does this mean that stuff-benten satellite will no longer vet new nodes

I think its set to be completely removed soon.

Or repurposed …

1 Like

Oh if it ends up being repurposed instead of removed, then the vetting question is actually still relevant.

I started a new node yesterday on a 2TB HDD I had lying around doing nothing. Haven’t seen any uploads from that satellite yet, however, I have gotten repair uploads. It’s still doing audits so even without actual uploads your node will likely eventually be vetted. I expect it will take a while though.

Whatever Storj decides to do with it they will let us know. No decision is yet made. Till then it will behave as normal IMO.

Is your Synology full ?

Nah, I’ll keep expanding that one too. This one is actually running on one of the USB ports of the Synology. But I’ve gotten to the point where all bays are filled, so rotating out smaller HDD’s. Might as well put them to use. I also have a Drobo with spare space, but that’s a USB2 unit. I might try to run another node on there with the db’s on my internal array. See if that will hold up. The drobo is notoriously slow, so it might still be problematic.

Maybe it will be used to test new “Delete queue” feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be a great way to test that feature out, a satellite with a ton of test data that they will be clearing out anyway.

1 Like

@littleskunk Any news about stopping Stefan’s Satellite?

1 Like

Not that I am aware of.

is the shutdown date known for Stefan’s satellite?

2 Likes

great!
I will test this.

do you have any update? Now it’s look like tardigrade so tardigrade

Five months later… still waiting for my money.

The half of the total held amount is released after the 15 months in the network (Storage Node Operator Terms and Conditions).
I would like to recommend do not execute the Graceful Exit on any satellite right now, especially from the Stefan’s satellite.
We have a fix for the bug, but it’s included only to 1.9.5 version.

I think @flo question was another, please correct me if I wrong, based on topic starter message we have:

1. Plan for shut down Stefan’s Satellite
  2. A request not to do GE on any satellites
  3. Promise to pay back the held amounts (100%)

What we NOT have:

1. The estimate or the due date of finishing this transition

So, the initial post was on Feb 11, now we have Jul 30, and still, not have any estimation or any information about this “transition process”.
This “silence” and a lack of information significantly decrease the level of trust of SNO to the StorjLabs and entire project; I hope, communications with the community still have “priority” on StorjLabs and we can see “Soon ™” at least any information about “transition process”

5 Likes

Hey @flo, hey @Odmin,

I recently gave an brief update, that we are still working out the final bits around the shutdown/ repurposing of my satellite here:

As you both are right, we do not have a final date yet, but as an estimate I would say within the next month.
Hope this helps!

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! @stefanbenten
I just can say: I really like your responses! :slight_smile:

2 Likes