Multi node watchtower update setup

Hi all, can someone post watchtower command for update multiple nodes? I am running two nodes on 1 pc and can’t get update for both via watchtower. thank you

2 Likes

sudo docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode_1 storagenode_2 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

5 Likes

I have 3 nodes. Nodes 1 and 2 updated okay. Node 3 did not. Is my command wrong? Please help. Thanks!

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower storagenode2 watchtower storagenode3 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

@Alexey @BrightSilence

Disregard. Watchtower may take up to 72 hours to update each node. Apparently, even if on the same server. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last 2 mentions of watchtower in your command are duplicates. Please remove those. That may be the reason some people are seeing multiple watchtowers spawn after update. The interval is no longer applicable since there is now a random interval.

2 Likes

Thank you fo the feedback. So I am clear (and for the benefit of other non-developer/linux folks), please copy/paste/edit my command so that it is correct as there is more than one way to interpret your reply. Thanks!

1 Like

Sure

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode storagenode2 storagenode3 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

The following part:

storagenode storagenode2 storagenode3 watchtower

Is just a list of containers it should update. You had watchtower in there 3 times. I have no idea what behavior that would cause. Maybe it wouldn’t be a problem at all, but it didn’t really make sense.

2 Likes

You are fabulous! Thank you! :grinning:

Hi All,

I have a Ubuntu host running docker and have 4 nodes running on the docker. 1 of the hosts auto updates however, The other 3 do not

I have used this command from the storj setup docs on line to update the first node

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

however, as i am not an expert have used these for the 3 others

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower2 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode2 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600
docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower3 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode3 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600
docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower4 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode4 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

would anyone know how what the correct script to use to get the auto update function working…

my node config is as follows: (This is for Node 2)

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28970:28967
-p 14003:14002
-e WALLET=“0x138B29C26b84aCBf1529F0906E34757d8B1552c9”
-e EMAIL=“@gmail.com"
-e ADDRESS="
*.duckdns.org:28970”
-e STORAGE=“1.7TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/Drive2/identity/",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/Drive2/data/",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode2 storjlabs/storagenode:beta

and the auto update script that i would use for this node is:

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower2 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode2 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

Thanks
Simon

Just a simple search :slight_smile:

You do not need to have a watchtower to update each node. You can use docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode storagenode2 storagenode3 storagenode4 watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600 to update all of your nodes

1 Like

Amazing thanks Deathlessdd

In linux docker, the upgrade command is:

sudo docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

If I am running 2 nodes in the same machine, say : storagenode and storagenode2, that means I have to run 2 watchtower as well right? What is the proper command for the 2nd watchtower?

sudo docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode2 watchtower2 --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

Is this correct?

1 Like

Hello, I’m running 2 nodes successfully on my system, I also pulled the watchtower for automated updates. Today I saw my main node got updated, but my secondary not. My main node is named “sotjnode” the oder “storjnode_2”. Do I have to do some adjustments on the watchtower to also upgrade my other node? I did everything mentioned in the documentation for hosting a node.
I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance, regards.

2 Likes