My earnings, FYI

thanks, that’s good for you.

Don’t you think if you were a bit calmer and asked the right questions you could have avoided offending people whose only intention is to help YOU.

Just a friendly advice, when you are frustrated, calm yourself down, double … triple check what could have caused the issue. If you can’t find it yourself ask but be polite instead of accusing people.

Many other SNOs like me will help you out with your issues and don’t forget the awesome Storj staff hasn’t even joined this discussion. Every single dev, support staff and even execs would chip in to help you resolve your issue if the need arises.

This is not like mining to get a regular flow of traffic. Real customers upload and download data.

5 Likes

accusing who? I did rant about the mechanism but im not accusing anyone, or intend to. Im not a native english speaker so if anything that’s pure misunderstanding.
anyway, thanks for your insight and found the issue.

For what it’s worth, my node is almost exactly a year old now and I’ve already bought a 12TB HDD with the earnings and will soon buy another as it’s starting to fill up. It’s on storage that’s shared with other uses. I have 10TB assigned which I now upped to 11TB as it’s filling up fast over the last few days. Over 7TB and counting now. I’ll keep an eye on it and if it keeps growing I’ll add another HDD.

That said, I would still urge to be careful with spending on it beforehand. Storj has been really good to us SNOs, but I still expect earnings won’t stick around where they are right now. This month for example most earnings come from downloads from the old testing satellite. My earnings look to come out to about 50 USD this month most of that is from this test satellite. A more reasonable expectation for customer use is somewhere around 10-20 USD. However, it is still early days and this may go up… A lot depending on the type of usage patterns Tardigrade customers have.

4 Likes

See post

where SNOs can insert their earnings per month for comparrison reasons.