I’ve been starting a few Linux Docker nodes lately and found the process quite tedious since I’m not a Linux expert - I had to google almost every command every time I set up a new node
Here’s my solution: a script to remember all the commands for me!
(Main script is storj-node-setup.sh)
- can generate an identity for you (optional)
- can authorize your pregenerated identity (optional)
- cleans, partitions and formats your HDD to ext4 for you
- sets reserved space for the HDD to zero
- generates a name from HDD vendor and SN
- set the ext4 filesystem label to the generated name
- adds the new filesystem to fstab
- installs docker if needed (currently works only in Ubuntu)
- asks user for storagenode port, dashboard port, wallet address, email address and external address
- calculates HDD space for Storj automatically, reserving the recommended 10%
- generates and runs the docker run command
- sets up Watchtower for all docker images
There are probably a lot of bugs and weird things since bash scripting is not really something I’m an expert at so feel free to report them.
This took SO MANY HOURS to put together but at least it might save me some time in the future!