My node is running 24/7 but the uptime is decreasing slowly!

When you replaced the router, your node were offline.
Online checks will fail, if no route from outside to your node.
The running node != online node. To be online your node must answer on audit requests from the satellites.
Please, check firewall rules on your router and make sure, that it allows connections from any address and port to the port of your node. Make sure there is no outbound firewall rules. If you have them - then add another one to allow any traffic from any port of the PC with storagenode to any port and destination.

Nodes was online , fw and forwarding rules was in place , router change took less than hour but online status slowly decreasing for like couple month. I do have an idea , weird one but seems like it could be culprit , … asus router built in ddos protection. I disabled it and since then not seen “ping sattelite failures” in logs. Will keep checking for some time to be sure. Im just wandering why would ddos protection online checks from sattelites count as ddos ?

Because the ASUS decided so. Please, do not block/filter incoming traffic to your node and do not block/filter traffic from your node.

That is surprising TBH, because once an online score gets decreased, it’s only gonna get back to 100% one month after the offline event if no other offline event occurs during this time.

How low are your online scores? 'coz unless everything runs perfectly on your side and your ISP side, it’s not unusual to be a bit below 100%.
My nodes oscillate between 98% and 100%, depending on many factors.

This said, there may be an issue and it’s worth investigating warning/error entries in your logs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless this is a new node without a month of previous audits. To recover from 1 audit to two should not take a lot of time :slight_smile:

Sure, for audit scores I do agree :slight_smile:
But they were talking about online score if I’m not mistaken ^^

It has the same behavior. If you would have only 2 audits and one of them was offline, the online score will reduce to 50% very quick, then another two successful audits should recover to at least 66% (2/3 * 100%), then 3/4, 4/5, and so on.

2 Likes

Ah? That’s not what I witness on my nodes.
Audits do get higher after each audit success, but online scores don’t as they reflect the mean value over the past 30 days. Hence a single offline period makes the online score drop suddenly, and it stays steady for the following 30 days before recovering (suddenly too).
That’s what I observe and what I thought was going on anyway.

Or maybe, what you’re describing applies to fresh new nodes only? Which would make sense as the online score would only have recent days for computing the mean value.

Hm… :slight_smile:
My bet is that you know better anyway :wink:

2 Likes

The time window is 30 days. However, if you have only few audits - the online score is pretty sensitive.
For your case you have more than a few audits, I would say thousands.
Thus still online audits / total audits but for 30 days.

1 Like