My node KEEPS restarting over and over... Pi 4 8GB

maybe removing stuff like the usb hub… or trying different cables…
the more stuff you have connected the more chances of something in the chain going wrong.

since we are just shooting in the dark, what we try doesn’t really matter, the important thing is to try something, cables and usb hub is low hanging fruit… and if it doesn’t help then you know its not that and you can put them back…

the usb controller to sata on your external hdd may create problems for hdparm,

its interesting that it’s once a day…

Oh your using a usb hub, Honestly never used a tplink so I dont know if it has any power issues, But if you always had this issue and you used this hub id say that is the issue. Other wise I would say the pi4 usb has an issue and I would switch to the USB 2.0 or the 3.0 depending on which one your using.

So since i dissabled my interspeed monitoring it hasnt crashed for a full 48 hours? so maybe the “lack” of bandwith has caused the ndoe to crash?

I dont think the hub is an issue - it high quality

Read above comment.

bandwidth demand isn’t very high for a storagenode, but programs can affect systems in unforseen ways… maybe there is a memory leak or something.

out of memory will crash a node.

Maybe - it has not crashed for a full 3 days now…

1 Like

so i have about 70% uptime at this point - is it even worth it to keep going or should i start over?
I still get 5-10GB of ingress pr day

uptime recovers in 30 days.
and daily ingress isn’t much higher than that even in the best cases, i think the avg per day is like 13 for fully vetted nodes.

just keep going you should be fine.
try to avoid any more downtime tho, atleast until online score start to recover.

Okay thanks alot - great help.