My node stops working (i/o error on trash folder)

The port still open. If i try to restart/stop storagenode it just get stuck and never finish stopping it. Windows server 2019. New node. Here i put some of the last lines of the log

2021-09-02T16:31:49.268+0200 ERROR piecedeleter could not send delete piece to trash {“Satellite ID”: “12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo”, “Piece ID”: “BU26TNE4VD6EFNUOFCZQ4U5VTZIBIAPH3EQT6JAKVMIXNFLZQWEA”, “error”: “pieces error: pieceexpirationdb: database is locked; pieces error: filestore error: mkdir E:\trash\arej6usf33ki2kukzd5v6xgry2tdr56g45pp3aao6llsaaaaaaaa\bu: No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S.; mkdir E:\trash\arej6usf33ki2kukzd5v6xgry2tdr56g45pp3aao6llsaaaaaaaa\bu: No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S.”, “errorVerbose”: “pieces error: pieceexpirationdb: database is locked; pieces error: filestore error: mkdir E:\trash\arej6usf33ki2kukzd5v6xgry2tdr56g45pp3aao6llsaaaaaaaa\bu: No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S.; mkdir E:\trash\arej6usf33ki2kukzd5v6xgry2tdr56g45pp3aao6llsaaaaaaaa\bu: No se puede realizar la solicitud por un error del dispositivo de E/S.\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Store).Trash:360\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Deleter).deleteOrTrash:185\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Deleter).work:135\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/pieces.(*Deleter).Run.func1:72\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2021-09-02T16:38:26.570+0200 INFO Stop/Shutdown request received.

How is the harddrive connected and can you access it’s contents? To me this looks like either a USB drive got dropped or reconnected to a different mount point, or you have a permissions error and the node can’t access it’s data.

1 Like

they are connected by sata port not usb. Maybe its because its a virtual machine?

this same thing happend me a couple of months ago and it was the hard drives that were old and they were not working properly but this are new also I made test and have 100% ok. Those two nodes where on windows so maybe that’s the problem. I used to have nodes on Linux and also on some rpi and never had these problems

Can you still access them from inside the VM and are they still mounted to the same place in the VM as opposed to the host?

i did not change anything from the disk or the VM also I checked on windows the drive letter and its still the same. I restarted and the node worked again but after some minutes it blocked again and the log showed the same error. I can access the disk from windows file manager

Hmm, that’s interesting. I do find you file paths odd, but I’m not familiar with running StorJ on windows. For Linux, if I recall correctly, the ‘trash’ folder would be further down the directory tree than the drive root, something like ‘<drive_or_stuff>/storagenode/trash’. Are you able to post your configuration file and the command you used to create the node (if you have that documented)?

Edit out any private info and fill it in with something like <password or <email>.

1 Like

Please, open permissions of the disk, remove CREATOR-OWNER group, make user SYSTEM the owner of all folders, subfolders and files on this disk recursively.
Then try to restart the storagenode service.

Please, show results of these commands (PowerShell):

Get-Acl E:\blobs;
Get-Acl E:\trash;
2 Likes

I just passed to linux i dont want to have problems is easier and never had this problems

I just passed to linux i dont want to have problems is easier and never had this problems