My node was down after an electricity cut off

Hey guys,

Please help me out, I’m pretty frustrated right now…

Everything was working until this morning. My home’s electricity was cut off. My server, router and switch were all rebooted. Then my node was not able to be up and running again :frowning:

I didn’t change anything. I checked my router, port forwarding is still set to be 28967. I did ‘sudo ufw status’, saw the firewall rule is still there:

However, when I checked ‘https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/?port=28967’, it said 28967 is closed. It seems nothing on my server is listening to port 28967.

I tried ‘docker stop’ and ‘restart’. Still didn’t work. What should I try next?

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

Hey @dichai1983 what kind of router are you using, and how is it set up? I think since it was an electricity problem that one of the routers/switches may have reset to default settings, removing the port forward.

Thanks for your reply, Dylan.

My router is Ubiquiti EdgeRouter. I tested the port forwarding, for example, 9999 -> 80, and I have nginx running so that you can visit 158.174.244.154:9999, and it works. Only 28967 doesn’t :frowning:

Very strange, I know there must be a tiny mistake somewhere, just so hard to find it out.

Hi dichai1983,

First I would try powercycling your modem/router again and see if that knocks anything loose. Also, have you verified that the internal address of your node matches the address specified in the firewall rule? I would also try deleting the rule in your router and recreating it.

You could try and forward some random high value port number (> 30000) externally to port 28967 on your node, then change the -e ADDRESS="domain.ddns.net:28967" \ part of your run command to point to said random high port number. Then rm your node container and start it with the new command. This may help you determine if the problem is on the node side or the network side.

Thanks baker, I’ll follow your instruction and come back with the testing result.

Try suggestions listed here:

Thanks, Alexey. Still trying, will come back.

I did ‘sudo lsof -i -P -n’, and I found out that on my server port 28967 is only listen via type IPv6, could this be the reason? While other open TCP ports all have IPv4 type.

Thanks.

Are you using DDNS like no-ip?
Try updating your IP there if that is the case.

It might mean your IP changed and you still point to old IP
Try disabling firewall (your PC) temporarily

probably, you should try to open it too for ipv4

Hey guys,

It’s me again…

I was mad and did something crazy…

I re-installed my server OS. Now when I try to authorize my storj node, I got this error:
“error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = authorization error: authorization has already been claimed”

And I forgot backing up my previous identity folder… How can I renew my token?

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.

The token can only be used once. The setup guide tells you to backup the identity folder to a safe place. You also seemed to be runnning node version 0.19.0 when you made the post. The current latest version is 0.19.5. Maybe you could’ve given that a shot.

Yeah… I was stupid and tired… Maybe I should try to wait in the queue again to get a new one?

Yeah that’s the best bet, without the original key files theres no way of recovering your node unfortunately :frowning:

https://forum.storj.io/t/my-node-was-down-after-an-electricity-cut-off/1310/6
Hi Alexey,

When I try to authorize my storj node, I got this error:
“error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = authorization error: authorization has already been claimed”

And I forgot backing up my previous identity folder… How can I renew my authorization token?

Thanks. Looking forward to your reply.

Unfortunately the only way is to subscribe to the waitlist again with a different email address.