My node was not updated automatically in docker, is this a reason to re-qualification?

I have STORJ installed via Docker, I am used to all updates happening automatically. But this time it didn’t happen, is this an issue on the developers’ end, I had no issues with the internet or hardware.

How many versions behind are you? If your node was DQ’d then you’ll have to start over with a new identity. But if it is just suspended you can get that back by keeping it online.

After updating manually, I received the following error message:

Your Node is suspended since 2023-12-21 12:05:18.848496 +0000 UTC: This is a reminder that your StorageNode is suspended on Satellite 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs

Thu Jan 04 2024

and

Your node has been disqualified on 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs. If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

Unfortunately, I can’t say the exact previous version, but the last time I checked its functionality was in December, and everything was working.

Is it my fault that STORJ could not update itself automatically?

It isn’t about who’s fault it is. Your node could run a version behind and be alright, after that it would take weeks to become DQ’d. You would have received emails that your node has gone offline. Assuming you used an email that you check regularly.

There isn’t like a database that we just check a box and say, “This node is no longer DQ’d” it would be a lot more work to do that, and we have been told by the engineers at Storj that if a node becomes DQ’d there is no reversing it.

I realize the loss of a node after having run it for some time is unfortunate. I run many nodes myself and have lost one to drive failure as well as one to errors on the sdcard.

1 Like

I use v1.95.1, but I see people discussing 1.97.2 - should I be worried?

This is what I see in my log
|2024-03-01T16:37:10Z|INFO|New version is being rolled out but hasn’t made it to this node yet|{Process: storagenode-updater, Service: storagenode}|
|2024-03-01T16:37:10Z|INFO|New version is being rolled out but hasn’t made it to this node yet|{Process: storagenode-updater, Service: storagenode-updater}|

no (20letters) :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

thanks. I asked bc I have seen another post where a user claim that he had been disqualified bc of old node version.

Very unlikely. The node usually disqualifying for lost or corrupt data, in the edge case - being offline longer than 30 days.