My servers Will get 72 hours of offline status

Hello. I Got a few nodes. My ISP has done some f up stuff which means My servers Will most likely be offline from 13:00 am on a friday and until monday Morning. How bad is it? This is years Worth of data that i cannot do Anything about.

At the moment you can be offline for a week (sometimes it takes me a week to cp a node) and the scores won’t drop low enough to be suspended.
Some of the data you might loose at the next GC, but only the portion that will be audited while your node will be offline (I think), so no big deal.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Im alot more happy now…

No problem. As a side note, you haven’t done a video in a while. Are you planning to do some about Storj or similar ventures sometime soon?

Hey Zip, funny you mention it. Yes i have a video coming out today!:grinning:

3 Likes

Is “Orange” your provider?

No. My provider is in Denmark. They told me When i signed up that i had “unlimited” bandwidth - now I have used a shitload and they are asking for a “reason” for using multiple TB… I am very angry because they signed a contract stating I have unlimited bandwidth. And I am paying for a full weekend of zero internet at the moment. Outrageous…

1 Like

This is my biggest fear.
I wanted to upgrade to a higher bandwidth, but the plans from my provider were renamed recently and now you can’t upgrade them anymore without the need to sign a new contract.
The reason it looks to me is the provider here modified the general terms and conditions for these new plans, and along the other changes, as for example they can ignore the network neutrality as they wish, they are now stating you will be considered to be abusing the service if you will in one month use twice the data they are calculating as an average among other users having the same plan.
And this is one of the biggest providers in Europe.

Are you talking about fiber domestic connections? I don’t know if mine have such limit.

Orange is one of the main ISP in Spain and was hacked, all their Ripe IPs are invalid.

the new video just released:

Thanks for watching BTW.

2 Likes

That is F up. what provider is it? im using 3 here in denmark.

That crazy - thankfully not what happened.

Orange. 20 characters.

For monitoring, I’m using now hetrixtools, more accurate than uptimerobot for me. Both free version.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up - might look into it.

Your node can be offline up to 288 hours (12 days) before it will be suspended (the online score less or equal 60%), then you will have a week to fix the issue, then it will be on review for the next 30 days.

To fully recover your node should be online for the next 30 days. Each downtime requires additional 30 days online to recover.
See also

1 Like

And… you better come back with cookies for all of us… :angry: :triumph:

Graphical addition, for visualisation, not exact (red is max. 12days)
online-percent

6 Likes

Hhahaa funny Snorkel- i will give everyone cookies!

so the final email has landed in my inbox today - the ISP has decided that they belive i have used too much data on their line - they consider it as commercial use and that i will intterrupt other stuff on the network - in other works - im using alot of data and i am to expensive as a customer to have. so promising 5G broadband with ulimited data and no fair usage with the ability of static IP and port forwarding was too good to be true - just a marketing scheme - so stupid.

i have today spent hours moving my servers from my workshop to my home fiber connection - but not nice to have two servers in my closet at home… so might be temp solution… we will see. atleast the fiber connection is 1GB and should not have any problems/limit.

Hopefully i can continue to run the machines - i cannot expand as space will be an issue at home.

PS. i had 5G at my workshop because its just a room i rent where i build computers and do hobby stuff for myself and customers - so a 5G broadband was perfect and a nice place for my servers…

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

see? never trust any “5G”, viva la foil hat and a solid fiber!

1 Like