My storage node wont start it keeps rebooting

will take about a month to vet a single node, so keep calm and keep storjing…
there are scripts and such that can be utilized for checking the state of your nodes vetting, don’t have a like for it tho… you can most likely find it on the forum.

and yes the 24hr thing is just ridiculous, but i guess thats to keep bots out or something.

1 Like

I am glad you got it working!

I feel I should add some clarification for anyone who might read this thread later. The quotes are in the documentation on purpose. If there were any spaces in the paths, removing the quotes would have caused the run command to fail for example. You should always use the format for commands as provided in the documentation. The issue you had was some of the “straight” quotes (" ") were replaced with “curly” (“ ”) quotes when you edited the command. Even though your modified command without any quotes worked, this is not recommended and may even cause problems later.

For anyone reading this I really can’t stress enough that MS Word/Wordpad/Google Docs/etc should not be used for editing these things as they cause problems such as this. Notepad++ is an excellent opensource text editor for windows that is linux/coding friendly.

Good luck and happy Storj-ing!

3 Likes

contains curly quotes instead of straight ones ", please, replace them.
Please, do not use a word processors to edit the command, use a plain text editors such as nano or vi.
Also, replace all - (spec. symbol) to the dashes -.