My storagenode on Truenas is offline and says QUIC is misconfigured

Hello, I have tried to launch my own storj node, but it stays offline. I can access the storagenode external ip and port, but it doesn’t seem to want to come online. I don’t know if this helps, but it isn’t connected to any satalites and Quic is misconfigured. My Truenas time is in UTC and the location is CEST. I would appreciate all the help.

What do the logs say?

I don’t really have logs, because there isn’t really an error it seems it just is offline (if I do please tell me where to find them). This is how the dashboard looks:

And this is how the external ip-adress+port looks:

If you are running the docker container you should check the container logs. I’m not sure if there is a option in the TrueNAS webui to do this, but on CLI it would look something like:

docker container logs storagenode

One guess if accessible via external IP is if you are using a domain on a dynamic IP and you haven’t updated the DNS.

I have found the logs, i get this error:
2024-02-27 08:54:33.867377-08:002024-02-27T16:54:33Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“process”: “storagenode”, “Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 12, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:209\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:160\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Did you maybe create an Identity (“identity create storagenode” step), but not Authorize it (identity authorize storagenode " step)?

I did authorize it and got 2 and 3 as a return

Then check the path to the cert. and permission maybe.

1 Like

Hello @Matibus08,
Welcome to the forum!

Did you run it on TrueNAS Scale or as a docker container?
If you did run it as a TrueChart, then it should generate an identity and sign it with a provided authorization token. However, if it’s failed to sign it, the identity will remain unsigned.
If you did not change the path to your own generated identity, it will use the default one instead, and it may be not signed.