My storj node is offline. ping satellite failed

Hi All,

New to the seen and learning and hopefully some of your brillient minds can help out :slight_smile:

Iv been trying to create a storage node in truenas, I have ports forwarded and checked that they’re open and all ok, but i keep getting offline and misconfigured status when i open the web GUI.

Log below, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

022-10-08T09:11:15.201Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 5, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 127AqvtqzQAKjyr67FC4Vk5vDxHcPMvAGPTT91zcKBeUzqAh1YP) at address 180.150.6.88:28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls: first record does not look like a TLS handshake”, “errorVerbose”: "ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 127AqvtqzQAKjyr67FC4Vk5vDxHcPMvAGPTT91zcKBeUzqAh1YP) at address 180.150.6.88:28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls: first record does not look like a TLS handshake\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/

Have you did the initial setup?

docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

try running this and then the storagenode

Hello @donnie12342,
Welcome to the forum!

Please check your identity.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Identity checked and all ok as far as i can tell

root@truenas[~]# grep -c BEGIN ~/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/ca.cert

root@truenas[~]# grep -c BEGIN ~/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/identity.cert
root@truenas[~]#

Hi Buganu,

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Have i entered it correctly? Sorry about the screenshot it wont let me past the results in

Seems your host have DNS issues. Please configure the DNS server 8.8.8.8 for your network connection.

Hi Alexey,

I tried that earlier today, with Google DNS added into my router and then in my network settings in truenas im now getting this in logs. thoughts?

2022-10-09 10:37:39.227353+00:002022-10-09T10:37:39.226Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Process”: “storagenode”, “Satellite ID”: “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB”, “attempts”: 6, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1ecDd4pHo6kWby511UoeyYW8Fnqqwoty1YWFh1ap7iiLi6nSW) at address 180.150.6.88:28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1ecDd4pHo6kWby511UoeyYW8Fnqqwoty1YWFh1ap7iiLi6nSW) at address 180.150.6.88:28967: rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

this mean that your identitie not signed by token from storj, when you generated identitie did you made sign procedure?

Yeah i did, im spinning up a new identity now and will sign again and see if that works. maybe there was a an error along the way.

Same thing. Spun up a new identity. verified it and now when i run it i get the same error.

(ls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert)

do you have 6 identitie files?

Please check your path to the identity, perhaps you use a different path to run a node than path when you signed an identity.

got it working :slight_smile: i was being a putz and spun up a manual identity then realised the app was creating a new identity within Truenas. realised the app dose all the work for you haha. new to this. happy its resolved :slight_smile: thanks for the help!

1 Like