Native Synology Application

I would love to see some native NAS applications for Node Operators.
Plex does a great job with this on my Synology.
Symform use to have a great native NAS app before closing up shop.

Download from your site, do manual install from the GUI, and then config via web UI.

4 Likes

It’s in the works! As per Q4 Townhall, stay tuned for Synology, Freenas, and QNAP integrations. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m interested in this as well! For now, I map the drive via NFS with a Linux host running the server.

This is not a supported setup. Just search the forums for NFS to see how many problems people are having with that. You should use iSCSI instead.

1 Like

Understood, I’m switching to iSCSI today.

3 Likes

Any news regarding Synology Native app for Storj?

2 Likes

Any update on native NAS apps?

1 Like

I’m sure if there is anything to share it would be posted right away. They’re well aware that many people are looking forward to these.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this!!! My Synology can’t run Docker so I’m hoping it will be able to run Storj as as native app. I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3 right now, but it would be great to just have the one device running.

@cy2k it is in our roadmap and we are working on it. We will announce it right after it will be ready.

4 Likes

@ap0gee - we’re nearing a beta release of the app within the next two weeks. We’ll be posting a link to the repo with the build here in the forums so we can get community feedback.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@cy2k - what model do you have? The app we are releasing to the community is based on the docker container.

1 Like

@utropicmedia-karl

ah, ok. Well mine can’t run Docker because it’s not an Intel chip.

I have the DS218play :disappointed_relieved:

I have 2 412+ :slight_smile: bring it on :wink:

There are likely many obsolete Synology NAS boxes which would make for wonderful repurposed Storj nodes, if the team could make that happen. I have a DS416j with 8TB I would like to dedicate to Storj. It cannot run Docker. Will Storj native app support it?

2 Likes