Need to change my DDNS to static IP

hi all,

I recently gained a static IP from my internet service provider, so that I want this node to use a static IP for my container in the docker instead of using DDNS.
any one know how to change it? question from a newbie to docker. I have been searched around but still cannot find the answer.

p.s. my node was moving from my home to my company.

any idea?
thank you in advance, guys.

the command was in first time the configuration.
-e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967” \

neither I can run full below command nor run in short, as this container is already in production,. got error msg:
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name “/storagenode” is already in use by container “af52ccee50299d5a4a3d9cfxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxde34a317f7342ba769”. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See ‘docker run --help’.

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967” \

Welcome to the forum @jzhu47!

First you need to stop and remove the container by

docker stop -t 300 storagenode
docker rm storagenode

Then edit your docker command. You need to change ADDRESS section to

-e ADDRESS=“your static ip:28967”

2 Likes

I’m missing something here. surely you can run a ddns client on a static ip? It’s just that the address would no longer change. But it should still work.

1 Like

Correct but options like NO-IP need to renew account every 30 days which won’t be needed if you use static IP.

1 Like

ok, I understand. I got 3 years free dynamic dns from 3cx when I setup their system at home for learning. (My employer used it at the time. Though they have since moved). So i never had to worry about those sort of renewals (yet).

thank you, really appreciated that.

1 Like

no bad. personallly, I would be rather using the static IP than DDNS.