New 1.48.2 relise without prerelise and announcment

Are storj hacked or just forgotet to make announcment and prerelise as usual or i mised something?

1 Like

Dont think it was announced because theres no updates for storagenodes only satellites.

clients or developers dont deserve announcment?

Pretty sure the devs dont come here to get announcements for updates everyone just checks directly on github, I for one spend more time on github reading updates then I do on the forum. If storj thought it was important enough they would have posted it no?

3 Likes

I think this is because @littleskunk on vacation :slight_smile:
But you always can check our GitHub:

2 Likes

Thank you, but github also can be hacked, there is nothing absolute secure.

1 Like

grafik

grafik

We don’t need the watchtower in the future, I am right?

The autoupdate appears to be present only in the prerelease versions, not on the released version, 1.48.2

Yes, that’s the plan. You run a latest image and it’s updates itself to the latest eligible version for the NodeID.
However, I do not like the idea have a self-updating binary inside the docker container.
It’s not usual way to use it. Perhaps we could have problems there. The container is designed to be an ephemeral, so, if you remove the container, the new one would download latest binaries again…

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess the risk is that recreating the container downloads the original version the image was made with. Which would be problematic if a later version has triggered a database migration that isn’t backwards compatible.

I hope the autoupdater will check for a new version and update it before execute the storagenode…