New Identity QNAP

Hello,
I just started setting up my system with my new identity, I pulled down docker image and stopped there. I started my setup of app in my QNAP as per instructions but was wondering do i need to request a new Authentication token and setup a new identity. How do i pull in my identity into qnap after I create my identity on my computer.

Hey @saywaah, welcome to the community!

You can just copy the identity files to your QNAP and then point the app to them. You don’t need to create the identity on the same system. In fact you probably shouldn’t, that would just be a lot slower to generate.

You didn’t mention whether this was your first node. Just to be sure, every node needs its own identity, signed with its own token. You can’t reuse the identity of another node.

yea its my first node. am i able to run one node on qnap and then a separate node on my computer.

Yes, but they will share a bandwidth. We filter out nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs.
In other words, all nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs are treated as a one node for uploads and as a separate ones for audit and uptime checks.
You will not receive more income with multiple nodes. It makes sense only if you have separate HDDs.

Each new node must be vetted. The vetting node can receive only 5% of potential traffic until got vetted. To be vetted on one satellite it should pass 100 audits for it. For the one node it should take at least a month.
For multiple nodes the vetting process can be in the same amount of times longer as a number of nodes behind the same /24 subnet of public IPs.
So it’s better to start the next node only when the first one is vetted or almost full. In this case the vetting process will not take forever.

You can use a Earnings calculator to see your vetting state:

1 Like