New node can't start: The system cannot find the file specified

When I start new node, I got this error. Please help me!

2020-10-21T22:20:49.077+0700 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:153\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:362\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:380\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

How is this HDD connected ?

I try different HDD but not working. I can creat new forlder in this HDD.

That still doesn’t answer my question. Is it connected via USB/ Sata ?

1 Like

I tried USB, SATA, VHD. Not working all.

Are you trying to use a mapped network drive?

No, I use local drive.

Please, stop the storagenode. If it’s a docker, then remove the container.
Please, remove everything from the S:\Storj4, include config.yaml.
Add a SYSTEM user to that folder with full rights and make it an owner, then run the storagenode and check your logs.

If you use a standalone binary, you must run storagenode.exe setup with all needed parameters first. You can see them with storagenode.exe setup --help

If you use a Windows GUI installer, then no one action is needed, except adding a SYSTEM user with full rights to the folder and make it an owner, then restart the storagenode service.

I use Windows GUI. I did what you tell me. It’s not working.

2020-10-22T23:21:07.358+0700 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.”, “errorVerbose”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\blobs: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\temp: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\garbage: The system cannot find the file specified.\n— CreateFile S:\Storj4\trash: The system cannot find the file specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:153\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:362\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:380\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Do you have anything in this folder?
Please, copy result of the command (PowerShell):

ls S:\Storj4
1 Like

That folder is empty.

I checked with the latest installer. It will create all needed files only on setup.
If the folder for data (in your case it is a root of the disk) is empty after the setup (was cleaned or have an error during setup, etc.), the attempt to start a service will fail.
It was implemented to do not start with empty storage in case of disk disappearing or other disaster and do not disqualify your node.

So, in this situation, when access rights now are fixed, you should reinstall the storagenode.

1 Like