that’s skipping a couple of steps ;). there’s a network issue that needs to be cleared 1st before proceeding to node config.

Could you please provide contents of your Storagenode log file here as well?

1 Like

yes, it has 6 files. 3 start with ca. and 3 start with identity.

yeah, just as my other reply, they’re on my D: Storj/Identity/storagenode. 6 files

I was asking about the logs from storagenode.log file. It is located in the same folder as the binary itself.

Use this command in Powershell to show log.

Get-Content “$env:ProgramFiles/Storj/Storage Node/storagenode.log” -Tail 20 -Wait

PS C:\Users\User> Get-Content “$env:ProgramFiles/Storj/Storage Node/storagenode.log” -Tail 20 -Wait
2020-05-26T18:50:09.236+0400 INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml”}
2020-05-26T18:50:09.248+0400 INFO Operator email {“Address”: “b.lasagna.n@gmail.com”}
2020-05-26T18:50:09.248+0400 INFO Operator wallet {“Address”: “0xf473608D8fFEb20B53B398b452AdE1Bbb321c184”}
2020-05-26T18:50:09.248+0400 ERROR Invalid configuration. {“error”: “invalid contact.external-address: split host-port “lasagna.hopto.org” failed: address lasagna.hopto.org: missing port in address”, “errorVerbose”: “invalid contact.external-address: split host-port “lasagna.hopto.org” failed: address lasagna.hopto.org: missing port in address\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Config).Verify:150\n\tmain.cmdRun:142\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:359\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:377\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}
2020-05-26T18:50:09.249+0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “invalid contact.external-address: split host-port “lasagna.hopto.org” failed: address lasagna.hopto.org: missing port in address”, “errorVerbose”: “invalid contact.external-address: split host-port “lasagna.hopto.org” failed: address lasagna.hopto.org: missing port in address\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Config).Verify:150\n\tmain.cmdRun:142\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:359\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:377\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:66\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

Its clear from the error message you are missing port.

Edit config.yaml to look like

contact.external-address: lasagna.hopto.org:28967

Then restart your node.

alright, I changed the info. Would restarting my pc do the job? (by “the job” I mean restarting my node)

Hold up, it doesn’t let me edit the file. ive tried some workarounds but they don’t work, any other possible options?

What message does it show when you try to edit the file ?

its alright, I found a workaround. it said I dont have acess and should contact the owner. but I replaced it, same name, same text, just that one thing you sent me. ima restart my pc tomorrow and see if it works then. thanks for all the help so far

I did it but my port still shows up as closed and I can’t access the storj website (the personal dashboard thing)

Try this checklist

Also, check that the Storj node service is running in services. Type WinKey-R, then in the box type services.msc.

I firmly believe the missing port in the config file is a bug in the installer. I distinctly remember typing it in and it was missing in mine.

Devs can fix it if you can recreate that bug. You can open up an issue on github with more details.

I’ve tested it with 1.5.2 and it works now, so all good.

1 Like

Hello, I am running a new node off of Windows 10 and using the GUI setup. My node was setup a bit ago and still says it’s offline. Any help would be appreciated

Why not continuing your other thread?

1 Like

idk I thought that after a while people dont see it anymore, but I’d appreciate any help I can get