Node appears offline after trying to setup a new storage node on MacOS 11.2.3. Running ngrok since it seems like my ISP doesn’t support port forwarding. Exact error logs will be attached in the comments.
I have turned off the firewall for both my Mac and our router, which is a ZTE F660. I did try port forwarding on our router initially but I think that my ISP doesn’t allow it since upon checking the ports it always says closed even after trying different options (I can’t seem to find my WAN address on the router page so I can’t verify this). This is why I opted into using ngrok. I have since deleted the port forwarding rules on the router.
I used the following command when running the storage node:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \ -p 18257:28967 \ -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 \ -e WALLET="REDACTED" \ -e EMAIL="REDACTED" \ -e ADDRESS="2.tcp.ngrok.io:18257" \ -e STORAGE="900GB" \ --mount type=bind,source="/Users/voncaro/Library/Application Support/Storj/Identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity \ --mount type=bind,source="/Volumes/Backup Plus/vonstorj",destination=/app/config \ --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
This is what the terminal displays when running ngrok:
I have confirmed that the ports are open when using ngrok
Identity also seems to be intact:
172:~ voncaro$ grep -c BEGIN ~/Library/Application\ Support/Storj/identity/storagenode/ca.cert 2 172:~ voncaro$ grep -c BEGIN ~/Library/Application\ Support/Storj/identity/storagenode/identity.cert 3
- NoIP isn’t currently running since from my understanding you don’t need it when running ngrok, but even when it is turned on I encounter the same problem
- My storage directory is a USB-connected 1TB hard drive. Not sure if that has a negative effect on the set up
- When trying to run the storage node it says in the dashboard that Last Contact was 17709610h 45m ago. Others have pointed out that this might be due to a wrong system time but my machine is using automatic time so it is correct
- I have tried restarting my machine and the router as well
- I have tried increasing the buffer size using the link outlined in the error logs but it was giving me an error (unkown oid). After a bit of searching I found that the command only works on Linux so I searched for its MacOS counterpart but I was still getting the error after running the command
- I have not yet tried redoing the whole setup process from scratch. I figured I’d get help here first before attempting to do so
I think I’ve spent about 10 hours here in the forum looking for answers to no avail so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!