New sign up form for storage nodes

For gmail you can use aliases like this: if aaa@gmail.com is a main address, then you can use an aliases like aaa+storj1@gmail.com and you will got the email to the main address as well.
This is work only for gmail.

There is a problem with the new form, which I reported to @heunland already. When you use an email address localpart@subdomain.domain.tld the form completes without error, but you’ll never receive your token. It works fine with localpart@domain.tld and I received the token within minutes.

I can confirm @heunland’s comment is valid. If first auth token is used and same email is used the second time, it gives NEW auth token.

1 Like

Tried that. But am getting an invalid email error and not able to submit the form

My first auth token is used as i have the node running for 2 months now.

And now that i would like to submit for new auth token the second time with the same email but am getting the same auth token as my first invitation 2 months ago.

A fix was released for that bug. Can you try again now and update this thread if it worked or not ?

2 Likes

Hi, am not sure on the fix you mentioned if that is for the registration invalid email address error or the challenge to issue a new auth token with same email address.

However, i do received an email few minutes ago on the same email with different auth token.

So i suppose the auth token issue is fixed.

Thanks a lot for the help

1 Like

The fix was for ^ but I am sure subdomain.domain.tld issue would be fixed too :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems that it is not working…

Uncaught TypeError: analytics.user is not a function
at onsubmit ((index):213)
onsubmit @ (index):213

Which browser did you use ?

Brave, Chrome, Iridium, Edge

You should only use Chrome or Firefox to get the token with ad blockers disabled. If you still didn’t get it use helpdesk

I am pretty sure that this is not a browser issue, its a javascript issue. This is what I get from Firefox portable, no ad blocker, plain simple install.

TypeError: analytics.user is not a function10 sign-up-node-operator:213:38

onsubmit https://storj.io/sign-up-node-operator/:213

Firefox has a built in adblocker that you would have to manually disable. Also, PiHole needs to be disabled if you were using it. Other extensions that may need to be turned off: Adblock Plus, Blur, Disconnect, Ghostery, NoScript, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin or uMatrix.