New STORJ Operator - Disqualified on one server

Hello!

New to the community and have a question in regards to being disqualified on the saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 server. After successfully setting up my node this past Tuesday, during the installation I initially used the incorrect external IP. This seems to have triggered an alert for this specific server and now when looking at my node dashboard it’s disqualified. How detrimental is this for my node/participation and would it be worthwhile for me to create a new node? If the answer is yes I should think about restarting fresh…any suggestions on going about that?

Thank you kindly in advance for whatever information you can relay!

Welcome, @AlwaysRoasted!

The wrong IP shouldn’t have disqualified you, maybe just suspended you for downtime. I suspect something else may have happened.
How long did you have the incorrect IP address settings for?
Are all other satellites at 100%?
The good thing is that your node is barely a week old so, worst case scenario, you don’t lose much from deleting it and restarting a new node with a new identity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you it feels great to be a part of the network!!

I thought it was strange indeed…I had the incorrect IP address for no longer than 30 minutes. As soon as I refreshed my dashboard I saw it was still showing offline and knew something wasn’t correct. I ended up downloading notepad ++ and correcting the config.YAML file to the right external IP!

All other servers are at 100% and seems to be running smooth. If I were to create a new node how would I go about doing that? Would I need to start from scratch with the auth token/Identity/port forwarding or is there a simpler way to go about this? :slight_smile:

What platform are you running your node on, if I may ask?

And yes, I’m afraid you’d have to go through the setup process all over again with a new identity. The port forward is already done so no need to mess with that :slight_smile:

I am running my node operator on Windows 10!

Well the fact that I wouldn’t need to mess with port forwarding is a plus at least haha :slight_smile: How do I make sure everything is deleted prior to attempting to do the setup process all over again?

Thank you for your help!!!

Delete the identity and any folders/files from the main StorJ folder you configured during the setup process.

Re-run the installation/setup and create a new identity.