Next Town Hall - Ask your Questions Here January 2020

Hey all! Town Hall is now running live – but I cant simultaneuously host and watch this thread , so email your questions to ask@storj.io if you have them!! We will answer as many as possible, during the time that we have

Simulcast live is on - realtime questions can be submitted via email to ask@storj.io

2 Likes

In case one of you wasn’t able to watch the town hall live.

@Odmin @TopperDEL @Vadim @Krey: We got a shout out during the town hall. Here’s the link to the time of the mention.

Thanks @jocelyn! I’ve dealt with community managers before and they tend to feel like just a PR front. The town hall showed clearly that you actually listen and involve the team to solve community reported issues and concerns.

I also appreciate you didn’t avoid hard hitting (though from the heart) questions about production readiness and other concerns. I also couldn’t agree more with the other mentions on the community spotlight. I want to join in thanking them and other great community members for making this an awesome place to hang out.

And while we’re doing shout outs I want to do a few of my own. Storj Labs has been very transparent and while I appreciate the open communication style of all storjlings a few stand out when it comes to community outreach.

• @Alexey: Problem solver extraordinaire. You’re always around, quick to help with directions or a few commands to solve most issues users can come across.
  • @littleskunk: The communities link to the technological side of the project. In depth updates on issues and software updates as well as design direction are much appreciated.
  • @heunland: As far back as I can remember Helene has always helped the community in every way possible. I appreciate your broad knowledge and versatility and being there in the good times and the bad.
  • @jocelyn: Simply the best community advocate I have had the pleasure to deal with. Your efforts are tangible in the community and have actual impact on the product. I also appreciate your ability to defuse any debate that gets heated in a single post without coming across as PR fake.

Ok, that’s enough feathers in your caps. :wink:
Honestly I wasn’t sure this post wouldn’t be too cheesy. But in the end I posted this because the kind of transparency and community involvement I see here is fairly rare. And the people active in the community also get the most crap from end users. There is a weird contradiction in transparency. The more transparent you are, the more complaints you get about not being transparent enough. In the end I figured it would be nice to give some recognition for your efforts. And besides, we can disagree and have heated discussions again in other topics. :smiley:

So, thanks!

9 Likes

Aww that totally made my week to hear thanks brightsilence!

3 Likes

Yea big thank you from my side. Sometimes I ask myself if the time investment is worth it. Maybe I should better focus on fixing some of the bugs instead. The feedback from the community keeps me motivated to continue :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You spoke out of my mind @BrightSilence! Was suprised to be mentioned there as I only wanted to help where I can and had a clear goal - make Storj be usable from .Net for my own Projects. :slight_smile:

From my Point I would add Thanks to @michaln and @Egon for their in-Depth technical support. Without them my .Net-wrapper would not have been possible.

Keep up the good work, have a good production launch and be as open as you are now!

6 Likes

Thanks @BrightSilence for the amazing summary!

Can someone please look at my question here?

@Enzo

So, that is looking into a crystal ball and predicting the future. It’s not good for us to predict what the business itself will or won’t do. Right now, everyone is focused on making Storj better and growing our customers and users. We want this to be a great product that everyone wants to use. As for what the future holds for the company, let’s wait and see.

5 Likes