No Route to Host: http://: Invalid host name

Got it back up and running! Changed all permissions back to apps.

Thank you, again, for your help and encouragement (went to sleep last night assuming I was done hosting a node).

3 Likes

Hello, Alexey:

I posted in the Forum (ā€œSuspension & Disqualificationā€), but I am writing here too, since something else occurred to me that I did not wish to post publically.

After I posted, I noticed that my node says it has only been online for about 7 hours! But to my knowledge, it has not been offline for about a month (not once during Sept).

Regards,
Eumaios

Disqualification can be related either to prolonged offline (more than 30 days) or to lost or corrupted data.
To receive emails about being offline you need to provide a valid email address in the nodeā€™s configuration, but itā€™s better to configure some external monitoring: How do I check my node when I'm away from my machine? - Storj Docs
Uptime on the dashboard is showed since the last restart, but it doesnā€™t mean that your node was online, it shows that this time it was running.
If your node was offline, its online score will be affected: How is the online score calculated? - Storj Docs
You may check when your node was offline:

Hi,

It seems like your Storj node is unable to reach the host version.storj.io, which is necessary for updating. This error typically occurs when thereā€™s an issue with the network configuration or connectivity of your node.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:

First of all ensure that your TrueNAS Scale node has internet connectivity. You can test this by trying to access other websites or using tools like ping or traceroute to check connectivity to external hosts.

Next is to Verify that your firewall settings on TrueNAS Scale are not blocking outgoing connections to the host version.storj.io. You may need to allow outbound connections on port 443.

Now, Confirm that your DNS settings are configured correctly. The error message indicates that the hostname version.storj.io is not resolving to an IP address. Ensure that your DNS server settings are correctly configured to resolve domain names.

Also, If youā€™re using any proxy settings on your network, ensure that they are configured correctly and not blocking access to version.storj.io.

However, sometimes, there might be updates or changes on the Storj network side. Check if there are any announcements or updates from Storj regarding changes to the update process or hostnames.

Lastly, Review other logs or error messages on your TrueNAS Scale node to see if there are any additional clues or errors related to network connectivity.

If youā€™ve gone through these steps and are still experiencing issues, you may want to reach out to the Storj community or support for further assistance, as they may have more specific troubleshooting steps or insights into this particular issue.

Hi, Alex: Can you confirm the message below is correct? Should I be following this advice?

If so, thank you grace2214! Just so worried about scammers in the crypto space, and Iā€™m still learningā€¦

Eumaios

itā€™s likely a spam with an advertise link, whatā€™s forbidden by our Terms of Use and Community Standards - Storj Community Forum (official).
The information is partially correct, because itā€™s likely prepared by AI.

true.

If you really have a blocking firewall, then you may be required to add an outgoing allowance rule to it, but only in the case if you have any active outgoing rule on your firewall (usually you donā€™t).
The remained part is correct too.