Node bandwidth limitation at maximum 10Mbps, it is more in roadmap?

Hi Storj, Hi everyone, Hi the community.
I would like to eard back about bandwidth related to storagenode activity, could you answer questions ? The two questions bellow are for one public IP address only.

• First : Here is a limitation for now at a maximum of 10Mbps for storagenode download ? For me it seem, yes ! And i understand that is depending on capacity of data incomes. However in the roadmap is it planed to raise possibly this limitation ?

• Secondly : Is the upload bandwidth limited by download usage ? If one of my node is full does i will have a better upload bandwitdh while not downloading anymore in this case (a bit of usage).

Thanks to all ! Thanks to Storj.io

There are no explicit limits to downloads or uploads, instead it depends on demand. So generally speaking, If more Storj customer upload more data, your node will download more and if more Storj customers download more data, your node will get more upload.

Apart from demand, how much download traffic an individual node is going to see of that demand depends on two things:

1. How many nodes there are in the network with free space
  2. Which /24 addresses those nodes have

The upload traffic for a specific node depends on how much the pieces your node stores are downloaded by customers. This can vary based on the age of your node, the mix of use cases that were active when your node was filling, etc.

4 Likes