Node Disqualified - just found out

I just found out that my Node had been disqualified. What can I do to find out why and to get it back online. Is there any information that you would need to review?

Your node has been disqualified on 12tRQrMTWUWwzwGh18i7Fqs67kmdhH9t6aToeiwbo5mfS2rUmo 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs 12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB. If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

Disqualification is permanent. You cannot reverse it. You can submit a support request where you mention your node id and support staff will give you the reason on why your node got DQed (disqualified).

Sadly, you would have to start over again. When you know the reason you can be better equipped to handle it with your new node.

Before you create a ticket, please try the suggestions on this page to find out the cause: https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/articles/4403035941780-Why-is-my-node-disqualified-

2 Likes

Thanks. I did review the support articles and am still unable to pinpoint the issue. See below:

There are instructions on how to check the logs. I’d start there.

I ran those instructions and it returned no results? Am I missing something?

Sorry, I should have checked your screenshot better… I was on the phone (still am) while typing that. Your node has been offline for more than 30 days in a row. That’s why you’re disqualified. Probably an issue with port forwarding or something. This will not be reversed if you create a support ticket. Unfortunately this disqualification was justified.

3 Likes

OK - Thats pretty wierd since my other node is fine and this node seems to be up to date from a versioning perspective. Maybe it was partially running?

So what should I do in this instance? It was about 12TB of used storgage.

I also checked and there was a Payout for February with no sighs of any issue from what i can tell

There is nothing you can do for this node. Unfortunately it’s lost and the data is already being repaired to other nodes. What you can do for your other nodes is monitor the port with something like uptime robot. This part shows that your node is still offline and the satellites can’t reach it.

Uptime robot will alert you the moment your port becomes unreachable, so you can take action right away, instead of after being disqualified. I’m sorry I don’t have better news, but all that’s left is remove this nodes data and start over (if you want to).

How are you able to tell that the node was in fact offline for 30 days?

The online score represents the percentage of uptime checks you were online for in the past 30 days. It can only be 0 if you weren’t online for any of them.

1 Like

OK - thanks. If I want to blow out and start over do i need to get a new token and do a complete rebuild and reinstall?

Yes you unfortunately will have to start from scratch, please do not attempt to reuse the same identity of the old node. You will have to get a new authentication token and create and sign a new identity.

@gacostarua
Before starting fresh, you should find the cause of the problem, to not find yourself in the same situation again. Also, Uptime Robot is free and works great at a port level. If you have 2 nodes on the same machine, you can set notifications for both.
You can start fresh or… you can find someone willing to sell his node :wink:, in the light of the new payout proposal. I won’t, but there are many complaining.

Thanks. Do you know how I would find out how long My node was down. Something doesnt seem right

Check your log. The timestamp should give you a good idea when your node was offline.

You may use these scripts also:

1 Like