Node disqualified?

Your node has been disqualified on 118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S 12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs . If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

just got this… i just switched from dockers to the windows installation approx 2-3 days ago… something i did wrong?
my files are there… but the disk usage on the dashboard says 0 usage…

Did you point to the right storage? When moving from docker to windows gui you need to make sure you point it to the storage folder itself.

yes i did… i pointed it to the same path… this is what i see in the config.yaml in the new installation…

path to store data in

storage.path: D:\storjnode\data\

its the correct path… maybe the last \ shouldn’t be there?

but i just checked my logs… seems all my audits failed =(

What is in this folder? is there another folder inside it?

mm … its the path i specified for the docker installation…
it has blob, garbage, storage, temp etc etc

D:\storjnode\data\

You should have pointed your GUI node to

D:\storjnode\data\storage

ahh… i see… is it too late to update the config?

yes its too late you need to restart all over and get a new node…

1 Like

dang… shoulda stuck with dockers installation…
the guide didn’t specify… maybe should indicate in the guide when ye attempting to switch from dockers to window installation…

Im pretty sure it does stat it, but when moving over when you didnt see anything in the dashboard that should of been a sign it wasnt working correctly. It would of been the same as the one running on docker.

ahh… my mistake then… oh wells… guess i just gotta start from scratch…

yea… i just saw that… haha… ah wells

How old is your node?

mmm… as early as they started v3 for alpha… mm… i generated the key 1 year ago?..haha
although… this speed of disqualification… hmm… can’t even have a power failure in the house =/

It was fast because it didnt have any of the files, If it was a power fail it wouldnt DQ like that less you lost alot of data.

ahh yes… anyways… time to generate a new key and start a fresh

Try emailing support and see if they will help revive the node or something before you just start over. It would at least be worth the email to save a 1 year old node

As much as it sucks, Storj will not restore any nodes that have been DQ’d. If they made special exceptions for one person, they would have to for everyone. Plus, there should be consequences for nodes failing out of the network, otherwise there is potential for abuse.

1 Like

I recall them restoring nodes in the past for varies reasons.
If the OP could make a compelling case and show how the documentation is incomplete or inaccurate, or provide a valid argument it would be worth typing something up.

Granted I have not read the documents, looked into the process, or know if there is any validity to the OPs argument - as I run Linux nodes.

Still being in a non-production mode and having/recommending/suggesting SNOs make major changes to their nodes that are Windows base, should be given some assurances and protections if in fact it is the recommendation of Storj Labs to do the update process that the OP did for what ever reason.
My comments stem from not knowing why the OP did what he did, but if the documentation is faulty or unclear, and it is the recommendation of Storj Labs to move Windows machines, then they should review the claim. If the OP did this on his own, against recommendations, totally failed to follow instructions and is 100% at fault then no the claim would be denied.