[NODE DOWN] Windows 10 GUI

No.
I went to bed, all was fine.
When I woke up It was offline and I create this topic on the forum.

One thing, You mention you had more then 1 node on your windows.
What is the reason for that if I may ask?

1 node per HDD, if something is happen, i loose 1 node, note all in raid.

Does that give you higher earnings ?

when was Egress test up to 150 Mbit in average

How can you install multiple nodes without making them run into each other on GUI?
Is there any guides on that? I have 60 TB that I can setup nodes on, that is at the moment not in use.

Yes it is my made guide.

1 Like

Thanks! you made my day!

I think about try to add to toolbox, install of additionl node posibilitie.

Can you explain what you mean with trying to add to toolbox? Bit new to this, trying to understand.

Will download and try it tommorow! :ok_hand:
I really need to digg deeper into this forum.

I think I found out the root after observing some days. My node went down tonight and I found the reason for this. Somehow my external ip is changing.

I think this happened after a router restart but not sure, how can I fix this?

you have dynamic ip then, whatch ddns solution or noip, it will solv this problem

Follow some guide to enable “no-ip” or a similiar service in your router’s web UI, then forward TCP port 28967 to your node.

You can use this guide:
https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/port-forwarding#setup-dynamic-dns-service-hostname-configuration

Please, try to configure your router to update the DDNS hostname instead of application. If you can’t figure out how to configure the router - then use the application from the guide. Do not use both methods. Use either router or application

The thing here is that I thought I had static IP. I have noIP and I have used the guide on storj to setup my nighthawk router.

So, is everything working now?

No, the external IP changed even after I used the settings in the storj doc. But I will go through the config to see if I missed something.

The purpose of a Dynamic DNS service such as “No-IP” is not to prevent your router from getting a new external IP! You will still get a new external IP after reconnect (or whenever your ISP thinks you need one…), but your router informs the DDNS service of said IP, so your router is reachable via mynode.no-ip.com

That means you put “mynode.no-ip.com” in your storj config file, did you do that?

You then have to forward the mentioned port internally to your node’s internal IP.

I hope that was a bit clearer :slight_smile:

1 Like