Node goes down right after restart

So, half an hour ago my node went shut down, normally, after a reboot it starts again, but its instantly shut down again, also, when i go through taskmanager and then services, when i want to restart “storagenode” its starts and then instantly shuts down again, never seen this before, im running a node for 2 years now, normally it comes back up right after reboot, im on windows btw :slight_smile:
what can i do?

what does your error log say?

where do i check this?

@ [flwstern] thx for the help

klick on GUI windows install

you find the logfile in the installation folder.
also you can open storagenode.log with an texteditor like notepad and notepad++ and search for FATAL

likely the file is to big (serveral GB)then:
stop node( if not already),
delete storagenode.log (or rename it) and try to start once more, it will be created a new storagenode.log with only the relevant data.

post the result here.

also the specs of your pc would be helpful, and the type of the drive ; amount of node data.

don’t panic. you have 12 days to fix this.

1 Like

thx :slight_smile: here it is:

three 4 tb hdds; older pc, 16gb ram

2023-10-14T10:32:47+02:00 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:110\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:90\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:405\n\tmain.cmdRun:79\n\tmain.newRunCmd.func1:32\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:398\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:416\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomOptions:112\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:78\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:73\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:63\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Easy to find: Search results for 'trust: malformed cache' - Storj Community Forum (official)

Raid? Ntfs? Maybe defragmentation is needed.
Please post disk types.

Maybe the setup became to slow. It should be around 8 Tb used?

Maybe its time to moving databases to ssd.

1 Like

I do not think, that this issue is related to the storage. Sometimes Windows GUI just corrupts this cache file and you just need to remove it and restart the service.
It’s not a frequently issue, but still happens from time to time.

thx, that worked :slight_smile: i just deleted the file and it started normally

2 Likes

I hope you wouldn’t have this issue any time soon.

But I wounder, why is it happening and only for Windows…