Node in off-line status

Hello,
I lost my port forwarding for a few hours. After I fixed it and made sure I could contact the console and port 28967 from outside, the node stayed still offline. I needed to restart the doker conteiner to get it back online. Is that the normal and intended behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Stefano

If you use your public IP as an external address, then you need to update your docker run command every time when your public IP has changed.
To avoid that you can use the DDNS hostname instead of public IP: Port Forwarding - Node Operator

Hi Alexey, thanks for your replay. That is what I have done DDNS + port forwarding. The point is that the node become unavailable for a few hours because I lost the port forwarding. After I fixed it, connectivity was working, but I needed to restart the docker to get it in online mode.

I do not understand what do you mean by that:

Did you reset your router?
Could you please show your docker run command? You can remove the personal information.

I did not reset the router, but for some reasons that I am not clear on yet, the entries with the node’s port fowarding disappeared. The node was up and running but not reachable from the outside. I just needed to fix the entries (the node has been working for days).

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=""
-e EMAIL=""
-e ADDRESS=“storj.fornari.net:28967”
-e STORAGE=“1750GB”
–mount type=bind,source="/home/storj/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

1 Like