Node keeps restarting, permission denied in logs

Hi,
I am operating a node since 2020 without any issues. This week I saw that the node keeps restarting. Here is the log that I found:

Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat config/storage/blobs: permission denied
— stat config/storage/temp: permission denied
— stat config/storage/garbage: permission denied
— stat config/storage/trash: permission denied
INFO exited: storagenode (exit status 1; not expected)
I started it with this command:

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 28967:28967/tcp -p 28967:28967/udp -p 14002:14002 -e WALLET=“0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” -e EMAIL="xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" -e ADDRESS=“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:28967” -e STORAGE=“500GB” --user $(id -u):$(id -g) --mount type=bind,source=“/mnt/hdd/home/bandi/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“/mnt/hdd/home/bandi/storj”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest --operator.wallet-features=‘[“zksync”]’

It was working for months before
Thanks for your help

If you remove the argument --user $(id -u):$(id -g) your container will run as root and you won’t have this error.

1 Like

Thanks, this helped, but I had to do more things after this.

• Set the port forwarding rule from tcp to tcp and udp
  • The minimum space requirements changed, I don’t know when but now it’s 550GB not 500GB, so I had to change that in the command too.

I didn’t have time to follow these changes, so that was why it broke.
Thanks for the help

I probably won’t qualify this month, because my node was down since last sunday, but I didn’t have time to fix it

This is not accounted. Your node will get paid for the time it provided the service.