Node offline after update of Docker for Windows

Hi
I had some problems with the update so I erased my container.
Have I got the dockerserver online again?
I feel unsure becasue I have used 0 data, tought atleast some kB would have passed and last contact OFFLINE doesnt feel right.

Hi @hankzetank welcome to the forums!

Some users were having firewall issues after the docker update, please try adding a new rule for the port 28967:

Windows Defender Firewall->Advanced Setting->Inbound Rule->New Rule->Port

4 Likes

thank you, the OFFLINE text is gone now :slight_smile:

Hello

I hade a strange problem that made my node offline after I just restarted my computer because of maintenance.
When I started it up again after some hours then it just stood Offline so I thought that its because of my reputation was gone, but after 1 day it still stood offline so I started troubleshooting.

Okey so fast forward to the solution and it was my windows defender who erased?! my custom port filter from the firewall… just by restarting and letting it update itself. So I thought that I would make a topic here and help those who have similar problems…

Welcome to the forum @brozinic !

Others have been running into this issue when updating docker. The restart may have coincided with that update for you. It’s best to add a rule to your firewall to allow incoming traffic on port 28967. That should fix this problem.

You were maybe a little to fast to reply… I found the problem and just wanted to inform others… :slight_smile:

Hello

I hade a strange problem that made my node offline after I just restarted my computer because of maintenance.
When I started it up again after some hours then it just stood Offline so I thought that its because of my reputation was gone, but after 1 day it still stood offline so I started troubleshooting.

Okey so fast forward to the solution and it was my windows defender who erased?! my custom port filter from the firewall… just by restarting and letting it update itself. So I thought that I would make a topic here and help those who have similar problems…

A new docker update for Windows has been released, what is the best way for a Storj node to update or not?

You can update, but some users ran into an issue with the windows firewall not accepting the new version. If you run into that, add a firewall rule to allow incoming on port 28967.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!