Node offline for 12 hours

I had a network outage yesterday and since then the node has been unable to connect. Last night there were errors about connection refused on satellite 118U (which I think was the satellites fault) but now I’m getting

nodestats:cache Get stats query failed {"error": "node stats service error: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing", "errorVerbose": "node stats service error: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Service).GetReputationStats:79\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats.func1:108\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).satelliteLoop:170\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).CacheReputationStats:107\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/nodestats.(*Cache).Run.func1:79\n\tstorj.io/storj/internal/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:87\n\tstorj.io/storj/internal/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:68\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

and

contact:chore pingSatellites failed {"error": "rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = transport is closing"}

Any ideas on whats wrong? Thanks

What is your dashboard saying?

After a network outage you should always check whether you got a new IP from your ISP or LAN IP of your node has changed. For the first one, use ddns and make sure you’re running the update client. For the second you should either give your node a static IP or set your router to always give that IP to your nodes MAC address.

^ this + port forwarding might be incorrect now.

If you try to ping the satellite the satellite will also try to ping you. If that doesn’t work than the satellite will ignore the request and close the connection. There is no point in talking with a storage node that is advertising a ip/port combination that can’t be called.

Dashboard is saying OFFLINE.

ddns is pointing to the corect IP and I have the software installed to auto update it. LAN IP is also static and still correct. I’ve tried pinging 78.94.240.189 and I get data back (both from within the storagenode docker container and outside). Anything else I might be missing?

Double check firewall rules. Allow incoming traffic on port 28967 for your node from any IP. And allow outgoing to all IPs and ports.

Thanks, looks like my router was to blame on this. Turns out deleting and re-adding the port forward rule was the way to go

Edit: Offline for almost a day. How will this affect my reputation?

Right now reputation recovers fairly quickly. You can use the dashboard api to check