Node offline for a few hours

Hi,
Im hosting a node since september and I had no problem but this night my node has gone offline and I dont know why. I tried to restart it, restart the server, I checked the port but I cant find why it is offline. QUIC is also misconfigured.
Can someone help me please ?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Maybe check if your provider put you behind CGNAT.
if so, talk to them, say you have an ip cam and need a public ip.

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for your answer.
I have this in the logs :

2023-11-28T20:45:15.484020330Z 2023-11-28T20:45:15Z	ERROR	contact:service	ping satellite failed 	{"process": "storagenode", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "attempts": 9, "error": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in ratelimit: node rate limited by id\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:203\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:157\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}

Do you know what this means ? Why would I be rate limited ?

check your external adress, like from an smartphone outside of your WLAN.

How did you do that? and what’s the result?

its likely an connectivity problem.

try this

Also it’s helpful to describe your setup as precise as possible. Hardware Software internet devices dyndns? etc.

Any FATAL errors? likely at the end of the logfile.

You need to search for “ping satellite failed” except “rate”, there would be a real reason. But likely your external IP has changed and you need to update it in your -e ADDRESS option or use a DDNS hostname instead of IP. In the latter case you need also to configure a DDNS updater on your router in the DDNS section (the recommended way) or use the DDNS provider’s app to update it (not recommended).
However this will not help, if your ISP placed you behind their NAT (CGNAT), in this case the WAN IP on your router will not match the IP from Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Hi,
My node started working again today I dont know why
My ip didnt change, and I didnt do anything today so I have absolutely no idea but everything is working.
Thanks for the time you took to reply to me :+1:

1 Like