Node offline - Is it only 1 port i need to open 1.e 28967

Nope, Not sure if if was to do with flushing the dns or installing the DUP software on the host machine, i did both at the same time, then restarted storj, then checked port, it was closed for a second or two until storj loaded, then did a final refresh on the console and guess, what im online… wow. Finally.

Logs are looking good, finally some bandwidth is moving.
Thanks for the perseverance guys, you gave me that hope i will get it running.

My uptime check is finally going back up from a low of 22.5

1 Like

:+1:

hope you enjoy storj.

1 Like

Thanks again for the help. Good thing about these forums, is it helps others who may be in the same situation.

did you made windows restart after flushing dns, or only node restart?
I making trobleshooting toolbox, want to add some functions.

Only node restart. But earlier I had to restart many times today testing different possibilities. In the process i completely broke hyper-v due to editing the virtual switches too many times without shutting down.

This corrupted hyper-v so had to reinstall it 2 times today. Then, i tried static ip, using various ip addresses, turning off DCHP in the VM but leaving it on and off in the host, then i decided to turn off static and set it to assign ip for me. But change the DNS to what you said 8.8.8.8 but use a backup (prob not needed) 8.8.4.4

But wasn’t working at this stage until i did the last 2 things, flush dns and then add DUC to host and vm. Not sure the duc app will be needed in vm but leaving it for now while it works. May try shutting it down to get the real answer to this issue later tomorrow.

dont tuch something that work. i got my answer.
why you use virtual machines at all? you have some other servers on this hardware?

I just closed the DUC app, will leave it offline tonight to see what happens. As my node is still online. Could just be that its will go offline once the ISP ip changes.
Answer to your question, i setup a vm as i used to do multiple setups run my own video server etc. I had a mining rig, and storj setup all in one place, but on different vm setups. I find it easier to backup and repair. Can get up and running quick if something went wrong. I don’t get involved with vm’s as much these days hence why i had trouble i suppose. I purchased 20Tb storage space for storj back when the first gui was released some time back.

Just a follow up on this situation. I came back to the PC today running storj. Found it to be offline following a restart of the machine for a windows update, which meant the DUC software didn’t restart when system started (Now enabled) Although the DUC app was still running ok on the VM. So, as soon as i loaded the DUC in the HOST machine, and checked back to the console i was back online instantly. So confirms the theory that you need to run DUC NO IP app on HOST machine. Was possibly due to a public IP change at some point and wasn’t able to update.

It’s better to configure your router in the DDNS section instead of DUC.

I know right, But my standard ISP router doesn’t work with No-IP And trust me i have tried all the other popular ones. Its useless for adding Dynamic DNS. This would have been the better option for sure. Happy with the DUC app works just fine now.