Node Offline "Ping satellite failed"

Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance for helping me. I got stranded setting up a new node on Ubuntu via a docker. Ubuntu is fairly new to me, so the solution may be easy. After the run command, the docker remains offline and gives the following error in the logs:

2021-02-17T12:56:29.726Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “attempts”: 7, “error”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1eBJcW5pUi3iiZimrttHUCy9PfAUcSQm5si1KW2pApzWmrmZWB) at address linuxnode1.ddns.net:56214: rpc: context deadline exceeded”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1eBJcW5pUi3iiZimrttHUCy9PfAUcSQm5si1KW2pApzWmrmZWB) at address XXXXXXXXXXXXX: rpc: context deadline exceeded\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

I have used the following run command:

docker run --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 56214:28967
-p 14002:14002
-e WALLET=“xxxx”
-e EMAIL=“xxxx”
-e ADDRESS=“xxxx”
-e STORAGE=“3.5TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj/Identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj/",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

The ports are open when I check via yougetsignal.com, so I’m kinda lost where the problem now lies. I can’t access the dashboard on the same machine either. Can you see any problems or do you need extra information?

Thanks!
Dirk

Try steps from this post

1 Like