Node OFFLINE - port 28967 closed

Maybe you need mount the HDD in your machine…maybe someone with more expirience with linux can help…

But if you pay 5€ monthly it isnt profitable to you run storj…

Yes, I see what you mean : I am on the 2 GB RAM and the 1 TB will be probably accessible when the volume will be mounted ! I hope so !
Please note : I don’t seek for profit, just for the fun of learning… And ETH will increase, isn’t it ?
Great thanks to you for efficient support of a newbie, @Krystof !!

1 Like

You can check your available drives:

sudo lsblk

Then prepare the needed disk with fdisk and mount it via /etc/fstab.
The example you can see in this guide:

Take a look on Formatting and mounting your HDD section. Your drive could have a different name, not /dev/sda.

hello @Alexey, @Krystof,
About the lack of diskspace, there was an issue with my VPS provider !
After correction, I have now :

It seems to be ok for 1TB… Rather than mounting a new volume, perhaps is it convenient (and simpler) to keep my current directory : “/home/alain/storage” ?

I ran again the container without errors. Just one warning in the logs :

021-01-24T19:47:47.266Z WARN trust Failed to fetch URLs from source; used cache {“source”: “https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites”, “error”: “HTTP source: Get "https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites\”: dial tcp 104.198.14.52:443: i/o timeout", “errorVerbose”: “HTTP source: Get "https://tardigrade.io/trusted-satellites\”: dial tcp 104.198.14.52:443: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*HTTPSource).FetchEntries:63\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*List).fetchEntries:90\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*List).FetchURLs:49\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).fetchURLs:240\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.(*Pool).Refresh:177\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Peer).Run:821\n\tmain.cmdRun:218\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:842\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:950\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:887\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70\n\tmain.main:385\n\truntime.main:204"}

I think I understand that my node is not part of the “trusted-satellites”…

Otherwise, my port 14002 is still closed (instead of the port 28967 which is open !)
So I can’t have access to the dashboard. That is why I don’t know if my node is finally online.

if you delete “127.0.0.1:” from run command you can access to the dashboard
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002

OR - better way
you can try this commnad to view CLI dashboard
docker exec -it storagenode /app/dashboard.sh

Hello @Krystof, Hello @Alexey,
Victory ! My storjnode is finally ONLINE (thanks to you) !!!
Alain

1 Like

@alno

Just for info. Anyone who knows your IP (which you posted here) can see your dashboard via the standard port. I would use 127.0.0.1:14002 again and use a reverse proxy OR a VPN. Close your public dashboard.

3 Likes

Remove your personal information from above post. Email, wallet address and static IP.

Hey I looked up that IP and on that /24 subnet there are 3 other nodes. IDK if that is great but if I’m correct it will take longer to fill up as you will be sharing the ingress with 2 other nodes

Hello @LinuxNet,
I’ll do it. Thanks,
Alain

Hello @nerdatwork,
Removing these informations. Thanks,
Alain

Hello @Skyblockpro1,
I will test my node a while, just for fun. If necessary, I will give up.
But thanks for your information.
Alain

Your static IP, hostname and wallet are still visible in first post.

Unfortunately, I can’t modify this post any more !
Thanks again…

You can always ask help from awesome @Alexey :slight_smile:

He is awesome :grin:

1 Like

I removed personal info.
@Krystof would you mind to edit your post with picture on yougetsignal?

2 Likes

@alno
@LinuxNet is right - with exposing your dashboard you expose your personal information, include wallet, email, your earnings, etc.
To access your dashboard it’s better to publish it only locally -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 and use a remote access instead: https://documentation.storj.io/resources/faq/how-to-remote-access-the-web-dashboard

2 Likes

Hello @Alexey,
Many thanks for deleting personal informations on my first post.
“-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002” restored in the run command…
As we say in french : “Pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés” !
Thanks again to all for your support,
Alain

2 Likes

Node OFFLINE - port 28967 closed chek with other ruter contact internet provider no limites Chek firewal setings this hapend after update