Node offline; rpc: EOF

Hello, i try to run a storagenode since days, it works on windows, but if i try to run it on my Raspberry Pi3 it never goes online.
I am behind a CGNAT, on windows it works with portmap .io and OpenVPN, on the RaspBerry Pi3 i tried it with the same configuration, also with ngrok but i never get it online.

I run the docker with the command:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“MYWALLET”
-e EMAIL=“MYEMAIL”
-e ADDRESS=“2.tcp.ngrok.io:17835
-e STORAGE=“550GB”
–mount type=bind,source="/media/pi/WDC WD10 EAVS/storjzusatzdaten/storagenode",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/media/pi/WDC WD10 EAVS/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Ngrok:
tcp://2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835 → localhost :28967

Yougetsignal says Port 17835 is open on 2.tcp.ngrok .io.

Docker Logs:

2021-04-30T19:15:07.219Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {Satellite ID: 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S, attempts: 6, error: ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1rVwmH97PZ24kaBdj7VdT4ieaHscdENHwJ4dEkNyVQmpK3DcCQ) at address 2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835: rpc: EOF, errorVerbose: ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1rVwmH97PZ24kaBdj7VdT4ieaHscdENHwJ4dEkNyVQmpK3DcCQ) at address 2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835: rpc: EOF\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj .io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj .io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang. org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57}
2021-04-30T19:15:10.261Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {Satellite ID: 121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6, attempts: 6, error: ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1rVwmH97PZ24kaBdj7VdT4ieaHscdENHwJ4dEkNyVQmpK3DcCQ) at address 2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835: rpc: EOF, errorVerbose: ping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1rVwmH97PZ24kaBdj7VdT4ieaHscdENHwJ4dEkNyVQmpK3DcCQ) at address 2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835: rpc: EOF\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj .io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj .io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj .io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang .org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57}

For the first node in portmap what port forward do you have?
......portmap.io:54xxx => 28967
???

For the second node use:

ngrok tcp 28968

and in docker run …

-p 28968:28967

…portmap.io:48881=> 28967

and i use always the same node, i tried do switch to the Raspberry Pi from windows. only one node is running at the same time.

i try this, thank you

Edit: I tried it, got the same error again :frowning:

Hello @FreeU ,
Welcome to the forum!

You should run ngrok or portmap client on your PI3, not PC.

Hello :slight_smile:
Yes, i have it running on Pi3 and turned it off on the PC.

i think ngrok is working fine, tried it also with ngrok http 80 and i can reach my Pi3 Webserver over the internet.

with portmap .io over OpenVPN(on the Pi3) i get the error “connect: connection refused” from the node

If port is open on yougetsignal, that’s mean that identity is wrong. Please, check it (correct path in the command): Identity - Node Operator

Thank you! There was a error, got 1 and 2.
I corrected it (copied the files from my PC to the RPI3).
Now i get 2 and 3.

But i get still the same error and the node stays offline :frowning:

Please, check your external address once more, seems it contains a space between ngrok and .io - it should not, see 2.tcp.ngrok .io:17835
It should be 2.tcp.ngrok.io:17835

There are no spaces in the config, i put them in because the forum saw it as link and told me new users are only allowed to post 2 links at the same time.

You didn’t copy other files properly from pc to rpi as well … one is possibly corrupted from here EOF

Yes, the files from the node (data;storage folder) too.
atm. everything is on a external HDD and i run the PC node over this HDD and the RPi3 node too (but only one at the same time; the other node is always stopped)

is there a way to check the files?

What file system on this external drive - NTFS, FAT, exFAT, ext4, btfrs ???

the external drive uses NTFS

If it is NTFS, the drive must be checked with Windows tools.

And leave this disk in Windows, you can see for yourself that connecting it to Rpi does not work as expected. For Rpi, connect another drive, formatted as ext4 (native to linux)

hm okay, i have a other drive which have exFAT. would this be okay for linux or only ext4?

For Linux it is ext4.

Will you leave the node on Windows, make a new one on Rpi, or will you migrate from Windows to Rpi?

See:

i still try to migrate the node to the Rpi.
Now the drive is formatted as ext4 but i get still the same error.

Edit: It works, now the node status shows online :slight_smile:
Looks like the config.yaml was not on the right place

Thank you again for the help :slight_smile: