Node Offline windows UI

My inbound firewall rules are allow all on port 28967

So I just went back to port checker and now it’s saying my port 28967 is closed to I’m public and wan IP address. But I didn’t change anything almost like my router did it on its own or something.

It could be possible. Some routers can close “not used” (for their vendor’s opinion) ports to “optimize” usage.
I would like to suggest to check your router settings and disable this “feature”.
Also, please, give me result of this check: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity

Hello,

I have recreated my NODE, set new Identity and port forwarding. Everything looks as it should be but still my NODE looks offline:

Checking port from outside (works before because windows firewall and router port forward configured properly (I have public IP):
PortOpen

I can see this in log:

And this in config.yaml file:

Is this correct? Do I have to wait until satellites recognize new NODE on network?

Thank you

No, its instanteous. You should see ONLINE status right away. Can you verify if your identity folder has 6 files in it?

Yes I have six:

It is possible that issue is because in config file I have pointed to new Identity folder location (not in default where has been created:
UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode
before I had same configuration (Identity folder on different disk and config file looks for it there and works with no issues).

I have also restarted PC after configuration.

Check you make sure your ip is correct in config and if your using a ddns make sure its updated.

Yes it is correct because I have public IP over 2 years now and two days ago with older STROJ configuration works perfect hmm:

PublicIP2

Port forwarding is green so not understand hmm.

Is the old config still in the same place? Are you running more then one node?

Nope I did backup to different location and remove everything when I reinstalled NODE. What I can see different is that old config used this port: 28968
But in your actual guide you have port: 28967 so I have configured this one.

Which one is correct?

Well you can use any ports it would just be like this 28968:28967 meaning you would use contact.external-address: "28968"and server.address: :28967 would stay the same., If you stop the node does the port appear closed? Try deleting the config and trying again.

Hmm only :28967 seems to be open even I open both 28967 and 28968 and tried one and another running but still offline. Strange…tried reinstalled GUI configured only with

public address to listen on
server.address: :28967

and

the public address of the node, useful for nodes behind NAT
contact.external-address: 178.xxx.xxx.215:28967

Port checker green. I have on the different internal IP SYnology NAS where other NODE is running with this configuration and port forwarding seems work without problems:

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967
-e WALLET=“0xfb5ec1b169D882bF4C236c8f65acxxxxxx”
-e EMAIL="tomas.xxxxxx@gmail.com"
-e ADDRESS=“178.xxx.xxxx.215:28967”
-e BANDWIDTH=“100TB”
-e STORAGE=“2.6TB”
-v “/volume2/DATA2/XXXX/XXXXX/STORJ/V3/Identity/storagenode”:/app/identity
-v “/volume6/STORJ_01”:/app/config
–name STORJ_01 storjlabs/storagenode:beta

But router sending this to different internal IP than Windows PC where I have this issue.
Can this causing this issue?

So you have another node running thats what I was asking before. You cant share the same port for both nodes.

IMMEDIATELY stop your node and update the docker command as per the link above.

Previous versions of the docker run command that used the -v rather than the --mount option will not work properly. Copy the updated command below above.

2 Likes

Yes I know running little bit different config string now (newer one you have pointed to)…issue will be that router has both ports pointed to Synology NAS where is other NODE so I have to specify only one for each NODE (SYNOLOGY/PC).
And here we go :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support @deathlessdd as well :wink: