Node Offline windows UI

Hi
Yougetsignal.com says my port is open, but I get Node status Offline(localhost:14002), version 0.28.2.
This is my second miner, I have different ports opened, 28966 and 28967. The first miner works without problem, running docker on that.
I have 4 files ca.cert(1kB), ca.key(1kB), indentity.cert(2kB) and identity.key(1kB) in …Roaming/storj/indentity/storagenode
2 files in Roaming/storj/indentity/ revocations(32kB), revocations.db.lock(0kB)

I get this when I try to authorize:
2019-12-23T01:57:58.224+0100 ERROR Failed to do periodic version check: Get https://version.alpha.storj.io: dial tcp 35.224.92.47:443: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
2019-12-23T01:57:59.743+0100 FATAL error occurred while signing certificate: rpc error: code = InvalidArgument desc = certificates peer error: authorization claim error: difficulty must be greater than: 35
(identity files were still generated and saved, if you try again existing files will be loaded)

Welcome to the forum @hankzetank !

Storj isn’t mining

I believe you are running a second node on same network which is only advised if your first node is full.

It should have 6 files when its done correctly.

Can you show me the command that you used to authorize? REMOVE THE AUTHORIZATION CODE while showing your command.

PS: Currently you cannot create an identity less than 36 in difficulty.

1 Like

Also check firewall, it may be bliking second node to speak with sattelite.

It’s an unsigned identity issue. Please, generate a new identity and sign it with an authorization token.

“D:\identity_windows_amd64.exe (1)\identity_windows_amd64.exe” create storagenode
2019-12-23T10:07:33.610+0100 ERROR Failed to do periodic version check: Get https://version.alpha.storj.io: dial tcp 35.224.92.47:443: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
2019-12-23T10:07:33.649+0100 FATAL CA certificate and/or key already exists, NOT overwriting!

how do I do that? Do I just delete the identity and write “D:\identity_windows_amd64.exe (1)\identity_windows_amd64.exe” create storagenode" again?

Removed and did a new try:
D:\identity_windows_amd64.exe (1)\identity_windows_amd64.exe" create storagenod
2019-12-23T10:16:22.573+0100 ERROR Failed to do periodic version check: Get https://version.alpha.storj.io: dial tcp 35.224.92.47:443: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Generating key with a minimum a difficulty of 30…
Generated 10025486 keys; best difficulty so far: 30
Found a key with difficulty 30!
Generated 10025500 keys; best difficulty so far: 30Unsigned identity is located in “C:\Users\miner3\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenod”
Please move CA key to secure storage - it is only needed for identity management!
C:\Users\miner3\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenod\ca.key

“D:\identity_windows_amd64.exe (1)\identity_windows_amd64.exe” authorize storagenode hank@mail:KEY

This was before, firewall bloking.

I have portforward in the router and made a new rule in incomming firewall settings but still says port 443 i closed.

You need only allow indentity software to speak, add directly soft to firewall exeption not ports

okey, I now added the “app” in firewall allowing in public and private, still same problem :confused:

Also you have old indentity soft, download new one, key should be 36 minimum
Second you have alseady indentity files in Appdata/roaming/Storj

1 Like

Okey im gonna search for a newer version.
I remove the old identity files every time I try making a new one.

my mistake, i readed wrong.

thanks for all your help, everything worked with the new version.

Ok so I fixed the port issue now when I do the port check it saying 28967 is open to my IP address but it is still showing offline

Now it’s time to check your identity: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity

Got it, it was my firewall on the router itself blocking that port it’s up and running now

1 Like

Well now it’s been running good for a while but I just went to check it and now it’s saying my last contact was 2 hrs ago, and now it’s saying my node is offline

Is your public IP the same as your WAN IP?
Do you have outbound rules in your firewall? If so, please create another one to allow any outgoing traffic from the PC with the storagenode to any destination and any port.
The inbound rule should be from any source with any source port to the 28967 TCP port and your PC as a destination

Yes my public and wan ip are the same