Node problem. Strange disc space used info

I have a problem with my small node. It is running on a RaspberryPi with Linux/Docker.
I have VERY basic Linux knowledge, so please be gentle…

The node is about 7 month old. I installed it based on the guide and started it with this command:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28968:28967
-p 14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0x3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
-e EMAIL="xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com"
-e ADDRESS=“xxxxxxxxx.myddns.me:28968
-e STORAGE=“1.0TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storage/storj/identity",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storage/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

I had around 670GB used space, normal ingress and egress.
A few days ago I decided to change the parameters a bit as I wanted to add UDP ports and expand the available storage space to 1.7TB. There is enough space on the drive and ports are properly open.

As far as I know, I can not simply update the parameters, so I stopped the storagenode and restarted it with the new parameters:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28968:28967/tcp
-p 28968:28967/udp
-p 192.168.10.99:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0x3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
-e EMAIL="xxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com"
-e ADDRESS=“xxxxxxxxxxx.myddns.me:28968
-e STORAGE=“1.7TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storage/storj/identity",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storage/storj",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Everything looked fine, it became online immediately, started to have ingress/egress. But today I noticed that Trash started to increase and Disk space dropped very much since that:

Can you please help me to find the problem?
If I need to check anything, please kindly write the exact command what I need to type… :flushed:
Thank you!

it’s normal to get trash once in a while, i doubt anything is wrong.
how does your audit, online and suspension score look… if they are near 100% i doubt you have anything to worry about.

in regard to the strange disk space used, trash is included until deleted. so stuff moves to trash but your space used doesn’t change, until its deleted in like a week or so

Scores seems fine:

My concern is about the “disc space used this month” graph. I know that it is fluctuating a bit over the days, but it is really strange that after the “update” it has changed so much and has a clear downward trend.
The other strange thing is that the bandwidth data on the payout tab do not match with the main page Bandwidth utilization:

45GB vs 72,5GB.

It is like that the whole data counting restared by the update.

It might be worth checking your databases for corruption by following the steps here: https://support.storj.io/hc/en-us/articles/360029309111-How-to-fix-a-database-disk-image-is-malformed-

But I don’t think you should be that worried. The disk space used graph is notoriously unreliable and satellites sometimes have delays in reporting back that data causing the recent days to be missing data. Furthermore, recently uploaded data gets deleted more frequently, so when you started receiving new data again, you got hit with more deletes as well, which caused the increase in trash. My node has 52GB of trash as well, perfectly normal.

The only reason I suggest checking your db’s for issues is because of the inconsistency in bandwidth reported in the payout page. I think there is probably some explanation for that, but I can’t immediately think of one. So can’t hurt to check.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try this.
I read it through and around the end there is a line:
If you were not successful with the fix of the database, then your stat is lost.
This is valid for the given month or in general?

Thank you for your help!
It turned out that the storage_usage.db was broken. I managed to fix it with the help of the linked guide.
After the fix, I run the db check again and all .db files were OK.

The node seems fine now and the graph looks also better:

Egress values also match:

Ahh good to see you were able to find it!

This really depends on what you lose. The databases store all stats for your node. Some of them are resent by the satellites. Some of them are not. If you lose one db, you initially lose all history for the stats it keeps, but some or all of that may be regenerated. I think in your case, you probably didn’t lose any stats data at all.