Node restarting - Error malformed cache

Hello,

I get a weird error from a storagenode running in a docker container. The container keeps restarting. The drive seems to be ok, there are no SMART errors and I checked the file system with fsck, there are no errors. Here is the error message from the log:

ERROR failure during run {“Process”: “storagenode”, “error”: “Failed to create storage node peer: trust: malformed cache: unexpected end of JSON input\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:110\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:91\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:425\n\tmain.cmdRun:82\n\tmain.newRunCmd.func1:33\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1.4:393\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1:411\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:983\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:1115\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:1039\n\tstorj.io/common/process.ExecWithCustomOptions:112\n\tmain.main:34\n\truntime.main:267”, “errorVerbose”: “Failed to create storage node peer: trust: malformed cache: unexpected end of JSON input\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:110\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:91\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:425\n\tmain.cmdRun:82\n\tmain.newRunCmd.func1:33\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1.4:393\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1:411\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:983\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:1115\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:1039\n\tstorj.io/common/process.ExecWithCustomOptions:112\n\tmain.main:34\n\truntime.main:267\n\tmain.cmdRun:84\n\tmain.newRunCmd.func1:33\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1.4:393\n\tstorj.io/common/process.cleanup.func1:411\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:983\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:1115\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:1039\n\tstorj.io/common/process.ExecWithCustomOptions:112\n\tmain.main:34\n\truntime.main:267”}
Error: Failed to create storage node peer: trust: malformed cache: unexpected end of JSON input

Any suggestions would be welcome.

you need to find trustcash file and delete it, it got damaged

1 Like

Thank you. Deleting the trust-cache.json file helped. Now the node is running. However I am getting another error:

WARN ordersfilestore Corrupted order detected in orders file {“Process”: “storagenode”, “error”: “ordersfile corrupt entry: ordersfile: checksum does not match”, “errorVerbose”: “ordersfile corrupt entry: ordersfile: checksum does not match\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders/ordersfile.(*fileV1).ReadOne:215\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*FileStore).ListUnsentBySatellite.func1:275\n\tpath/filepath.walk:492\n\tpath/filepath.walk:516\n\tpath/filepath.Walk:587\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*FileStore).ListUnsentBySatellite:229\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Service).SendOrders:194\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/orders.(*Service).Run.func1:137\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:99\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:78”}

and then a bunch of failed upload errors. Could I just simply delete files in the active orders folder?

Yes, you can delete them, but some usage would be unpaid as a result.
Failed uploads are normal, if they failed due to a long-tail cancelation and not problems with blobs or i/o or database.