Node still on version 1.25.2

Hi,

my node is still on version 1.25.2. I looked into the updater log and there I got this:

2021/07/02 17:13:24 downloading versions from https://version.storj.io/release/
2021/07/02 17:13:25 invalid character ‘p’ after top-level value

I try to download the newest updater version but now the updater don’t work

Now I get this:

C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node>storagenode-updater run
2021-07-02T19:11:06.597+0200 INFO Invalid configuration file value for key {“Key”: “log.level”}
2021-07-02T19:11:06.901+0200 INFO Invalid configuration file value for key {“Key”: “log.output”}
2021-07-02T19:11:06.922+0200 INFO Invalid configuration file value for key {“Key”: “log.stack”}
2021-07-02T19:11:06.932+0200 FATAL Unable to find storage node executable binary.

Any hints?

Thanks.

are you on windows or linux?

My os is windows 10…

then update it manualy, download and plave to directory new storagenode.exe file

Then my updater will still not work and I have to do every update manually

1 Like

I would recommend to place a new version of storagenode-updater.exe instead.
See

Hi Alexey, my node is also still running on version 1.25.2 and no longer updates itself automatically. I followed the instructions from your link and downloaded the latest version of the updater, stopped the service, replaced the updater and started the service again. In doing so, I received the following error message:

2021-08-10_222342

The service now does not start anymore at all. What can I do now?

Please, give me the last 10 lines from the "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.log":

Get-Content -Tail 10 "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.log"

Hey Alexey, thank you very much for your answer.

However, in the meantime I have decided to uninstall Storj completely and do a clean reinstallation. This, of course, solves the problem.

Perhaps one more addition: By the way, I became aware of the problem very late, as everything seemed fine in the dashboard until the end. Nothing indicated a problem. According to the dashboard, version 1.25.2 is still newer than the oldest permitted version. The only reason I took a closer look was the fact that I had not received any incoming traffic for a long period of time. But at first I had explained this to myself with the saturation of the network.

Hi!
The 1.24 is allowed to run, if older, the node will not start either and will be eventually disqualified for being offline too long (more than 30 days).
If your version is 3 version behind the current release it will stop receive any ingress.
See Keeping your node up to date, changes to storage node software! PLEASE READ this thread!
And Prerequisites - Node Operator

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I think it would be great if the dashboard clearly indicates that you no longer receive incoming traffic because the version is too old. That would be even more important for me than all the statistics.

1 Like