Node suspended after moving

I moved and it took me a good bit of time to get my home server back online: a couple months. When I put it back online (not while it was offline for a prolonged period of time) I got an email that it was suspended. I get that, I was offline. I just want to make sure I’m doing what I need to do to get back online correctly and wondering about how long it takes to get unsuspended. I’m showing 50% on most satalites, but 0% on one of them.

Thanks for your time.

If you were down for a total of 288hours your node will probably be accounted as DQed if you were offline the entire time. If not it will take time for your node gain it all back. If this was a new node and you were offline for a long time its for sure going to be DQed…

hold it several days online, and i think it will recover, I had problems with sata on pc, and it was down for 2 weeks and more, took some time but slowly it will recover.

After a couple months of being offline continuously, you should be DQed with no chance of getting your scores back up.

1 Like

leave it online and see what happens… the information and when storagenodes gets penalties and or DQ is often grossly inaccurate… nothing to do but wait and see if it survives…

you should keep it online until it reaches 80% on all satellites before having downtime again, if it survives else it for sure won’t.

Yeah I fully expected that, and I also would have thought that I would have been DQed while offline, not wait until I checked back in. I’m trying to think, it may have been closer to a month and a half, but more than a month for sure. I’ll keep it online and see what happens.

If it doesn’t get DQed, you’re lucky :slight_smile:
In fact, I’m not sure why a node wouldn’t get DQed after such a long offline period :thinking:

In any case I agree with what has been said above, keeping it online may make it recover: online figures should get better day after day.
Expect massive loss of data (trash should grow a lot) though, as satellites probably moved a lot of your data away for repair while you were offline.

Also make sure your node software is up-to-date, and having a glance at your logs to check there are no errors wouldn’t hurt, to stack all the odds in your favor.

1 Like