Node Suspended (been out awhile)

I’ve been gone awhile and when I tried to come back it shows my node is suspended…

your node has been suspended on 12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S . If you have any questions regarding this please check our Node Operators thread on Storj forum.

Hi xcalibur. Provided you haven’t lost any pieces/data, your node should eventually recover from suspension as successful audits are completed.

the HDD crashed out, I had to make a new one.

So if you lost all data and had to make a new node, you will have to start with a new identity as well. If you run with the old identity then your node will eventually be disqualified and you will have to start again anyway.

how do i make a new identity?

Like you did with the previous one.

https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity

You do this in the same way you did the first time. Instructions can be found here:

https://documentation.storj.io/before-you-begin/auth-token

Damn, That identity was there from the very beginning of storj 3.

Don’t worry, once your new node is vetted (approximately 1 month) it won’t make a difference to your node performance if the identity is two months old or two years old.

K made my new identity and started the node, how long does it take to update and not show node suspended?

You new node should show results completely independent from the old node. If you are still seeing a suspended message, try refreshing the page with Ctrl+F5 to force a cache refresh. If you still see it, there is a problem and the node is still looking at old data or using the old identity. You should have deleted everything related to the old node before starting with the new identity.

I deleted everything in the identity folder.

You should start with a fresh data folder as well. So remove everything.

I don’t have the old HDD that stored the data from storj. What other folders are used that might be in my default C:/

Since you ran the old node for a while, it created databases and downloaded some new files. These should have been removed prior to starting the new node with the new identity. When you look at the dashboard there should be no data to start, and no error messages related to your old node being suspended. If there is then it is possible the old databases are being read by the new node, hence showing old node info in the dashboard.

Ill delete everything and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Seems to be fine now.

1 Like

heres a screenshot. How does it look?

Yes, looks good. Don’t worry about the stefan benten satellite, it has been shut down (for now).