Node Suspended WHY?

Hi All,

Need help please. My node has been suspended for some reason and I dont know why. How can I find out why and what to do please.
Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Eff

I’m not sure there is a way to definitely see why - I’m assuming you check regularly ?

I’m currently looking into building a notification thing for suspension/audit/online scores along with other things that’ll be useful

Oh I’ve just found this - might be useful

docker logs storagenode 2>&1 | grep "ping satellite failed" | grep 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE | tail

Change the ID by the satellite you wish to check,

This’ll tell you about any ping fails to the satellites

Thanks ItsHass for your replies. I just checked my node and now its all back to normal with no suspensions. very weird I’ll just keep an eye on it.

Yes this can happen to your node if there has been a system crash, or disk was unavailable , Storj will do a disk check almost for you and correct much of the issues… if it continues and continues , then the score will stay low usually indicating a disk issue or OS… I’ve had issues previous nodes using Ubuntu where the kernel used to crash and cause these errors…

Happy to help :+1:t2:

There seems to be some sort of major error that currently can get a node below 60% suspension score simply by rebooting the node a few times… sort of like the suspension loss that has existed on node restarts for a long time… just that now if the node is in a reboot loop, the loss applied multiple times.

got my first suspension last night… just from rebooting.
don’t really have a lot of data on this and don’t really care to much… i know it’s not a me problem and it seems to be getting much much worse

everything is back to 100% this morning…

Hmm definitely something to keep eye on for the devs team