Node Suspension

I got the same email this night for asia-east-1 and another for europe-west-1. But checking the web dashboard there’s no disqualified node. But I did note a 100% disk usage and I’m afraid that the node could get disqualified eventually, as it hapend before.

Port-Forwarding: As long as you have traffic on your node the port forwarding is working fine.
Unauthorized Access Attempts: My system blocked various IPs for brute forcing the ssh-login. I strongly suggest you do NOT allow access to unknown IP-Addresses!!

1 Like

My node will soon reach 100% capacity, I been expanding the size every so often. I did notice one time it reach it’s limited and notice a ton of delete requests, after I expanded the storage, they went away, don’t know how to explain that.

The unauthorized message above is customers attempting to upload/download data because that’s the port used for storj. It was blocking it even tho I port forwarded. I had to disable the advance security monitoring feature in order to begin to see request’s coming in again.

Still, I don’t like the idea how ISP are now taking complete control over all router configuration to where they can see everything on your network, devices, ect and even the port forwarding.

@nerdatwork thanks for pointing that out.

true, missed this detail

1 Like

Now europe-west-1 Satellite was suspended. You were suspended on 2020-04-23 at 08:29 UTC.

It’s like domino’s falling, 1 by 1

Check your log for errors like database is locked or GET_AUDIT and failed log entries. Post them here.

Here is what my live log traffic looks like right now. I will download the log from the machine and look for those errors you suggested.

These are not errors, they are normal “context cancelled” INFO messages. “contect cancelled” means you lost the race against other faster nodes for that piece.

So I ran the following command to export anything with the ERROR Label from the 1 GB Log file.
PowerShell/Command Prompt: findstr ERROR storagenode.log > errors.log

Error Log
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mdf27sf4c3sgpqt/Errors_4.02.2020_4.23.2020.log/file

node 1NeFbHahwMLPHniTwM4bKogsfYXmt6AC8yWGh9bc6fooS9K5Zh suspended
no audit errors, this host just slow (intel atom D510)
Linux native bare metal node.

Is this a docker or GUI node ?

It’s the windows GUI install, running on Windows Server

How is your HDD connected ?

Direct to Motherboard by SATA Cables

**Node ID:**

12h5kCA7rYTQY8KWVxXoyK3k665wDG5x3FQvstQhSAPcjuQ2p5b

Your Storage Node on the **saltlake** Satellite was suspended. You were suspended on 2020-04-23 at 11:20 UTC.

You won’t receive any new data on this Satellite until you resolve the issue causing audit failures on your node.

in log a lot of entries from that satteline

What i need to do?

Same problem. I restarted the node but unsure if the problem persist as i couldn’t figure out where the problem was before the restart :slight_smile:

Check this thread.

I have read it. But there are no any errors, locks and lot of space. Other nodes on this location not suspensed. Also disks in mirror raid.

“You won’t receive any new data on this Satellite” - but it is.

If your getting data then dont worry about the message means the issue fixed itself.

Check official response on this thread.

1 Like