Node went offline, how to fix?

Hey all, my new node went offline after about 6 hours. I uninstalled and reinstalled the node but the dashboard keeps saying ‘offline’.

I found the following in the log file but I’ve no idea how to fix this…

contact:chore ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs”, “attempts”: 1, “error”: “ping satellite error: check-in network error: failed to resolve IP from address: storjnode01.ddns.net:28967, err: lookup storjnode01.ddns.net on 8.8.4.4:53: read udp 10.124.2.37:46156->8.8.4.4:53: i/o timeout”,

would anyone have any info on this error? I suspect its the NOip setup, but my system didn’t reboot and it still has the same IP address it always had.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Have you check the firewall rule of your system?

Is your no IP DUC running?

I configured the firewall in windows as per the documentation and DUC is running.

When I run the DUC port check tool I get this…

Problem! I could not see your service on 173.169.208.191 on port ( 28967 ).
Reason: No route to host

Finally figured this out. Sometime in the middle of the night my pc decided to connect to my google wifi instead of my main router, port forwarding wasn’t setup on google.

I severely reprimanded my pc and setup my main router as my preferred connection.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction.

3 Likes

Do not use wifi on node, when load will be big, you will have problem with that. Use cable connection.

2 Likes