Nodes does not find its Folders after changing from Windows to Ubuntu

I changed my Server from Win10 to Ubuntu 22.04. Storj Node gives me this error while starting up:
Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat \raid\Storj/blobs: no such file or directory
— stat \raid\Storj/temp: no such file or directory
— stat \raid\Storj/garbage: no such file or directory
— stat \raid\Storj/trash: no such file or directory

anyone know how i could fix this?

This is explained in our Windows to Docker CLI node migration guide where it states:

1. The difference between the Windows GUI and the Docker CLI is where each system stores the data. The Windows GUI version stores data in the path specified in the storage.path parameter of the configuration file “%ProgramFiles%\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml”, while the Docker version stores data in the subfolder called storage, which is automatically (silently) added to the specified path through the --mount option.

The same applies for the orders folder. In the Windows GUI version it’s stored in the installation location (“%ProgramFiles%\Storj\Storage Node\orders” by default), the docker version stores orders alongside with data in the data location.

For example, if the storage folder specified in the Windows GUI is D:\STORJ, then for the Docker version you should move the content of the D:\STORJ folder to the subfolder storage, i.e. D:\STORJ\storage, the orders should be moved from the “%ProgramFiles%\Storj\Storage Node\orders” to the D:\STORJ\orders.

The same applies for Linux/MacOS systems.

I suggest reading the entire migration guide including the example and comments about ssh server on linux below the example.

thank you for the quick reply.
Everything is in the correct folders, but docker is trying to use \raid\Storj/blobs instead of /raid/Storj/blobs

It would help if you would post your complete docker run command. Perhaps you need to use some quotes when specifying folder names.

I moved the folder to the sub dir /storagenode,
here is the command for docker:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXX”
-e EMAIL=“me@somewhere”
-e ADDRESS=“it.worked:28967”
-e STORAGE=“1TB”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“/raid/Storj/storagenode/identity”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/raid/Storj/storagenode/config”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

i had the problem that it didn’t find the identity , but thats fixed now.

Found the problem, there was still an old config file.
Now it created new folder, i moved all the folders in the corresponding folders and the node finaly started up!
Thanks for your help!

3 Likes